cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

marcusk
Grafter

Re: DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

Well this is a new low in a series of lows... 0.23Mbps download speed. Thoughts? Suggestions? Connected to the rest of the malarkey detailed on this thread or not? Ta
sylviesinc
Dabbler

I'm not sure that this is the correct thread but here goes...I thought everything had been fixed as I was getting onto sites OK yesterday however today I cannot access Nationwide, Twitter, Paypal...that's all I've tried so far. DNS server can't be found. Are Plusnet still having problems or what?

NoZephy
Rising Star

Issue came back again just now close to 8am, exactly like yesterday. This time it refused to connect to anything though, had to drop from the 51.6 range and now I'm back on 147.147, all of the slow loading/timeouts are back, brilliant Smiley

@Chris @scrookes Also, in regards to my line fault, I've been aware of it since about 6 months ago. The fault causes the broadband to drop out completely whenever my house phone rings. Aside from that issue, the line is completely stable, I've had 1 ES error on my downstream in the last 3 days and the only disconnections I've made have all been manual, I haven't had a forced resync or speed drop for months now. A neighbour had a fault with their line, got an engineer out who was changing things up on the telephone pole, next thing I know the router loses sync and comes back with a slower speed, neighbours fault is fixed and mine start experiencing the fault I described. Pretty sure the engineer just swapped the connection at the pole, as opposed to actually fixing the issue and instead just mitigating it to another user on the same DP.

As for why I didn't bother to report it, because I've had a similar issue in the past. Neighbours had issues, Engineers would just shuffle lines because there weren't any spare at the DP and the problem was just constantly passed between neighbours and never got fixed because Openreach/BT would refuse to blow new cables through or actually fix the issue. Can't be bothered to have a situation like that again of just constant engineer visits with nothing being resolved.

nbk
Grafter

I had a complete loss at around 7.45, BBC, plusnet site, everything. Modem and router stayed connected, it came back...in a limited capacity, twitter is gone, other sites are slow, can't load thinkbroadband speedtester...

deadman2020
Grafter

Here comes the rain again...

sears23
Hooked

I'll add to this mess.

My connection also dropped around 7:45, had to revert to 4G to finish what I was doing.

Now majority websites will not load, thinkbroadband test showed 0.4 download with latency through the roof.

Exactly like yesterday. New network, lol.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1469084515661004855

ferraris
Dabbler

Yep, looks similar to yesterday morning.

Mxjay219
Hooked

Here we go AGAIN!!! Cheek to put prices up...

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

i am also finding website running slow , or just no loading at all. Can not get signed in to Ebay , bank etc..

Regards

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deadman2020
Grafter

'ITWorks'

No it bloody well doesn't! Cheesy

NoZephy
Rising Star

b87118359d0addb41a01a7ac8a8657bb.png

e4b476550e8c6ad7bd5285e7794c4d54.png

LOL

Added my line stats as well, just in case someone wants to insist that my line has issues and is the cause.

It isn't.

cactusj1
Dabbler

Can't get onto online banking - when I urgently needed to transfer some money! What a time for this to happen...

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Starting to be able to set our watches by this - exactly the same as yesterday!

Looks like it might be BT issues again - http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/bt-british-telecom

bt update..power issues affecting the 3rd floor of the telehouse north building (london)...issue is under urgent investigation #bt #btupdate

kanedaa
Dabbler

Another "same here" reply.

Websites either aren't loading or they're very, very slow.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry if you're unable to access some websites this morning on Plusnet Broadband, we're investigating the cause and will update you all soon.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.