Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

gooner77
Grafter

Re: DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

ah good its not just me. have been having major connection issues since 10 pm

really getting [-Censored-]ed off with Plusnet now. This nonsense has been going on for a week now

ProGamerXB1
Dabbler

Can't wait for the phone call in the morning Smiley SEE YA LATER, Virgin have some good deals on now for REAL fibre with NO PROBLEMS
04mike91
Dabbler

Whilst it is EXTREMELY frustrating with what's happening ..no broadband service is fault free. This is probably going to be one of the only major issues i've come across since being with plusnet and yeah i'm annoyed it's taken so long to acknowledge and to then be told its isolated/fixed a few times in this thread but it doesn't mean it's worth throwing toys out of the pram over. 

Also worth noting the last hour or so the service has got worse in terms of stability as some have covered.

ProGamerXB1
Dabbler

It's not really toys out the pram, this problem goes back to 2014 , intermittent or not they should spot the dangers . Granted no service is fault free , but the lack of drive from
Plusnet to sort this is enough to move provider. I'll take a chance with some 100mb fibre from Bransons lot and see how it goes.
marcusk
Grafter

I may as well report in with the same issue.

I don't suppose one more complaint will tip the balance in the customers favor, but maybe eh.

Poor service, not happy, looking at alternative providers.

Tags (1)
clemo05

had same issue's and last night it went down at 10pm, when it came back on i notice that my ip changed from 51 to 147 and where i did have issues with some website's but not my games i now have issue with my games on new ip address where i can not log into them or not loading up properly, can you please solve this

thanks

andrew

Shermo
Dabbler

Seems a lot faster this morning, only mobile so can't check fully step in the right direction at least
jtjacques
Grafter

@Anoush wrote:

It appears to be a side effect of some customers who have been moved onto our new network using a certain IP address range, causing DNS problems should they use any DNS server but our own. Our network engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as they can. Once it's resolved you should be able to go back to configuring your own DNS settings.

The issue clearly extends beyond just DNS. This is a loss chart from my IPv6 tunnel, showing the 50% packet loss that I was experiencing. The IPv6 tunnel uses a static IPv4 address to establish the connection to the v6 endpoint (bypassing DNS).

I was moved to 80.229.x.x (from 51.6.x.x) which resolved the issue for me (non-plusnet DNS timeouts, failing incoming connections, etc.) around 24 hours ago, at which point the packet loss on the tunnel returns to normal.

vaeqMHo

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

this problem goes back to 2014 ,

No it doesn't? If you've been having connection issues for that long it suggests something different at play than the issue being discussed in this thread which has started in the last week or so.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Steshi1979

I'm an avid Guild Wars 2 player, the constant packet loss and 4000 ping spikes are very frustrating at the moment. I've attached some screenshots of traceroutes to ncsoft servers from the last couple of days. As you can see the only packet loss free connection I had was (last screenshot) to a server that somehow didn't connect me over the hiper04.sheff.dial.pus.net.uk routers. 

ncping.PNGncping2.PNGncping3.PNGncping4.PNG

Steshi1979

Sorry double post

davenos
Rising Star

My connection is getting worse, any site that has even the smallest amount of embedded content either takes minutes to load or fails completely,the thinkbroadband speedtest fails to run and according to the BT checker im down to just 21.15mbps download throughput and a mighty 0.02mbps on Upload with a ping of 244.5ms.

Im using the default Plusnet DNS servers, this is now a week old problem for me and its getting ridiculous.

marcusk
Grafter

I don't particularly understand all this DNS and routing jargon, and frankly I don't want to.

As it seems this is the result of Plusnet changing something the solution would seem simple to me, change it back. Go test things on your own connection at home, not mine.

NoZephy
Rising Star

Well, I was in the middle of checking my emails and now nothing.

Gmail won't load at all even though I still receive pings from Google servers. I can't even access PN's own webmail server or main website either.

Edit: Had to print screen and crop to save that picture. Again, I still can't upload anything to Gyazo at all.

davenos
Rising Star

I've just had to change to Googles DNS servers as i cannot connect to the internet at all if i use the default Plusnet ones.