DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

Xup
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Re: DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

davenos
Rising Star

The only website i can get to load is this one, no other site will load all time out.

I've tried using OpenDNS, Google DNS servers and Plusnet's nothing works its ridiculous.

And before anyone suggests its my devices they connect perfectly fine via my business line(BT Supplied),via 3G/4G (GiffGaff)and at my office(Virgin Media).

I am now 12 days into this issue and the lack of progress and continued deterioration is speaking volumes of the service.

NoZephy
Rising Star

Our engineers are investigating this issue and we'll provide an update later today.

"Alright lads, time to put our heads together and crack on with our expert analysis and problem solving skills to fix this issue...Hmmm? This cable isn't plugged in...eenie meenie miney mo..."

davvy76
Grafter

You know the most annoying thing about it? Plusnets attitude, "It's you router at fault, it's because you're not using our dns servers, theres no problem connecting to xbox live" and so on.......

and yes I'm borrowing sky internet to post this because even this page times out. Good job on the network upgrade Thumbs_Up

nbk
Grafter

To be fair this seems like a new issue since I wasn't really affected by the DNS/routing issues other than awful speeds early last week which seemed to clear up a day or two later

transmission1
Dabbler

This could explain why I can't use Windows Update too.. installed a new PC with Windows 7 last night and have been trying unsuccessfully to get it to check for updates. Presumably because the machine can't see the WU servers at Microsoft?   Thought there was something really wrong....

izzieobrien
Dabbler

I'm having the same problems as everyone else. I did the other day too. And I'm sure this happened a few months ago didn't it?
I find it supremely irritating that they just wrote to me saying they're increasing their prices yet they can't even get the service working.
nbk
Grafter

@transmission1 wrote:

This could explain why I can't use Windows Update too.. installed a new PC with Windows 7 last night and have been trying unsuccessfully to get it to check for updates. Presumably because the machine can't see the WU servers at Microsoft?   Thought there was something really wrong....

trying to get the windows 10 upgrade in before the 29th? Tongue

transmission1
Dabbler

@nbk wrote:

@transmission1 wrote:

trying to get the windows 10 upgrade in before the 29th? Tongue

You never know, PlusNet might just have fixed the problem by then Grin

TheHorseman
Rising Star

@nbk wrote:

To be fair this seems like a new issue

It does look like a new issue, since just after 8am this morning my TBB BQM is showing a massive rise in latency and packet loss. Min latency is now around 80mS and packet loss is over 40%. Normal latency is around 11-12mS.

nbk
Grafter

Oh hey BBC loads fine now, speedtest and other places are still a no go

*edit* nope, gone again

transmission1
Dabbler

I can't reach Teamviewer's EU download server now...

https://downloadeu1.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe

Bear
Dabbler

Some sites that were not working for me now are - but other sites that were working earlier now are not.

deadman2020
Grafter

Well this is embarrassing.

F1D
Dabbler

Wait... is this why I couldn't get on BBC News this morning OR load anything in the Facebook app?! I had to disconnect from wifi and go to mobile just to check it wasn't the websites themselves.

Are plusnet doing something about this?