Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

steed
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DNS/Routing issues for the last 36 hours

I am not on Fibre but have been experiencing what seems like the same as above.

Had problems uploading over past several days and from last night been getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG and either unable to view any web pages, or only certain ones and not others.

davecolley
Dabbler

Went down at 10am here in Sunny (wet) Porthcawl South Wales.

I am on fiblre also

I have managed to work around by adding googles dns 8.8.8.8 in order to get pc access to the internet. The technicolour gateway page for internet connectivity test is showing a cross against the ipv4 gateway 172.16.16.10.

Is this consistant with the reported issues?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There was a larger issue this morning that impacted a number of customers causing them to see DNS errors, this should now be resolved.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
davecolley
Dabbler

still showing a cross against the ipv4 gateway 172.16.16.10

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Is that on the 582n router? If so I believe that's a bug. Are you able to browse?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
B33Dee
Dabbler

To Quote 04Mike91 around " it doesn't mean it's worth throwing toys out of the pram over." 

I agree with what you mean, but disagree about the sentiment behind it. I think we have all had problems in the past, the difference with this one is the way in which the company has responded. Something like "Yes we know this is an issue and XYZ is happening" etc would have been a good start. What actually happened was:

14/07 - Network Changes made. Problems ensue. 

15/07 - Problems start to be reported by customers. Plusnet deny any issue. One customer (me) told by support "it's not an issue with our network per se" and "there is nothing we can do and to resolve it you should ring all the server providers for the games you are trying to connect to to see why you cant make a connection to them" (YES REALLY, PLUS NET ACTUALLY SAID I SHOULD DO THIS).

16/07 - Problems get worse. Apparently still only 2 customers have reported the problem (BS). Not enough to raise as a major fault. Advised can't do anything about it and if no more customers report issue then they will not be able to do anything about it.

FFWD - Problem only really gets acknowledged as a routing issue around 13/07, some 6 days later. At which point a number of times customers are told "issues are resolved" when they are not.

At no point is any of this major incident advised of in the service status until 14/07 - 7 days after the fault started. 

It isn't toy throwing - It's just expecting to be treated fairly. I was told three times there was no issue and that there was nothing which could be done about the issue and quite frankly "John" who I first dealt with on live chat was pig ignorant, obnoxious, and quite laughable and clearly not suited to a customer services role. Customers should vote with their feet to demonstrate that the level of customer service has been unacceptable. It looks like they might be reaching a point it may resolve soon, but even so I am still leaving because of the way I have been treated as a customer. Had it been dealt with properly, I most likely would have stayed. 

It's how a company deals with a problem which creates the lasting impression, not the actual mistake. On this occasion it has been dire.

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

I agree this is bad - I have been with PlusNet 12 years and I am having to work using a BT Fon wireless access point as my VPN to work isn't working at all now - I have never had to do this before ever.  How can it take this long to fix something that is obviously so broken!

I hope PlusNet will be offering refunds for the poor performance of the network over the last week!

Tsuanmi49
Grafter

I have been using a VPN since the 8th as a work around.

Krem
Grafter

Well unlike the others I don't intend on using VPN on every device in the house to 'fix' this issue, any ETA on when this issue to likely to be fixed, as it's not working as advertised..

and kind of you to rub salt in the wound by mailing me about a price increase NOT the best timing I'd say

Tsuanmi49
Grafter

I'm not saying you should. I was saying it to highlight that it must be a routing issue at Plusnets end if a VPN solves the issue.

nightstalk3r
Rising Star

@Krem wrote:

and kind of you to rub salt in the wound by mailing me about a price increase NOT the best timing I'd say

I see the Email as a good thing, it allows me to get out of my contract without having to buy out my contract.

evilsooty999
Dabbler

Just sat down to fire up Planetside 2 thinking that surely the problem would have been fixed by now, but nope - still can't connect.

What an absolute joke. When do you think you will get this sorted, Plusnet?

Aly
Rising Star

110% with you b33dee had similar experiences with the customer service and not helping when only a few customers report issues.

Let me teach you something in customer services. It doesn't matter if 1 customer or 1,000 customers report an issue you don't discount that they are having an issue. Afterall we pay a lot of money to have broadband and expect a service that warrants that fee.

I've always loved plusnet and recommended them to friends and family but I'm finding it hard to want to stay now.

It's ironic how the customer service is shocking because when we all leave and plusnet go bust you will all lose your jobs.
Afogg

This has been an issue all day! It's a weird one.I am able to play one game of RocketLeague or Overwatch or any other game and after that one game it is unable to route me in to another game... I get stuck on loading screens and I am unable to play again until I restart or keep trying. When I join our voice chat service on Discord I get hit with Error Routing and eventually it will work. I can browse the internet, but I can't play any online games due to routing issues.

PLEASE FIX THIS! It's ruined my night so if it isn't fixed tomorrow I'll be contacting Plusnet asap.

/rant. 

marcusk
Grafter

"This has been an issue all day!"

I wish it had only been a day, and more to the point is there even an ETA for a fix?