cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Question

geedlebug123
Grafter

DNS Question

Hi, I was noticing slow response time to webpages even though a was seeing a ping of 11ms and download / uploads of 57 / 15 mbs. I discovered my DNS had bee auto populated to match the safeguard DNS? Luckily I connect via a Netgear DM200 so was able to put in the default DNS servers after which the pages loaded a lot quicker. 

I went into my account and could see that safeguard was off, so as a precaution I quickly turned it on and off, on the web page and applied the settings. However on attempting another re-connection, allowing the DNS to auto populate the same safeguard DNS servers were there? I have now entered the default 212.159.13.49 / 50 so all good, but would like someone to investigate why this has happened please as there may be oither users suffering similar issues and unable to change the DNS themselves.

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: DNS Question

Hi @geedlebug123, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that you're having this issue.

It sounds like you're affected by an issue that we are aware of and so I have flagged this to the relevant team to investigate.

Please do just get back to us if you have any further queries in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team