cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Issues?

Flightpath

Re: DNS Issues?

Hi Bob,

After trawling through all of the post on this thread and the others, I am no further forward.

I have been experiencing problems since late last year and been played like a fool. Plusnet have sent BT out who also confirmed that the issue was not line related. PlusNet have even sent me out a new PlusOne Hub of which is completely locked down!

Is there a firmware fix for the PlusOne hub also?

It has now almost become unusable veiwing youtube or even web searching due to timeouts or seriously long ping times.

As I work away I have just picked this back up due to my family wanting to burn me at the stake due to a really rubbish internet connection.

Please advise if a widespread problem and what the fix is.

As i cannot change the dns settings in the PlusOne hub I am stuck!

Your help would be gratefully received before I am forever banished as an Internet Witch.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

There's no known DNS issue with the Hub One. Might be worth you starting a separate thread.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Benjamin37

Good Morning Plusnet did some kind of update in the middle of the night and now i cant open certain websites without getting a time out message.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this

toady777

I swapped DNS on the router from "Auto" to "google" and it seems to work now

Seems the plusnet DNS servers are tired this morning and need a lay in

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Have you tried restarting the router?

toady777

I had the same issue this morning - restarted everything - still DNS issues Swapped to google DNS - all works now

popeyeuk
Grafter

Hi guys same here .. Error occurred around 2:00 a.m...   Now DNS not working..  swapped to Google DNS and it seems to work.. Streaming with Netflix works fine..  Restarted everything but still no Plusnet DNS

ripkord
Hooked

For us poor mortals with BT homehub 5, I guess we are stuck with this until it's fixed?Huh

Does the plusnet router allow you to change DNS?
johnsemple123
Grafter

Not just me then. Absolutely horrendous problems loading any website this morning

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnsemple123, @ripkord - If you are using Windows you can set your DNS Server(s) under Network Connections. If you need more help just let us know.

saintly1
Dabbler

Me as well.

Get it sorted Plusnet.....

ripkord
Hooked

@Anonymous , I have set them to Google's DNS, but it hasnt solved the issue entirely just allowed me to access some more sites. Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might help you all just now this is for Windows:

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre

On the left select Change Adapter Settings

Select your Network Interface and right click for the context menu and select Properties (at the bottom).

Look for the entry in the list that says “Internet Protocol v4 (TCP/IPv4) and double click it.

On the General tab select the option to “Use the following DND server addresses” and enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and click OK then OK again.

That should give you a temporary fix until the issue is resolved. But remember to undo once a fix is in place.

johnsemple123
Grafter

Changing the DNS to google not really solved it for me either. Would be nice for someone from plusnet to adknowledge something's wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnsemple123 - If you changed the DNS in your router you'll need to restart the PC or at least its network connection so it can get the new information. If you changed the settings on the Network Interface then you might want to try disable / re-enable and see if that has an effect.