cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Issues?

bristolsteve

Re: DNS Issues?

Another one here Bob please
Have trouble getting certain web sites over the last few days.
My first real problem with plusnet hence my first post.
Would be grateful for the temporary fix untill its sorted and our routers upgraded with new firmware.
Thanks Steve
marcusk
Grafter

The push to me sees to have resolved matters, thanks.
waldron
Grafter

I have been having the same problem for the past 3 or 4 days. It is very frustrating especially when trying to access financial websites.
Could you please apply the temporary fix to my router also.
Thanks
Anthony
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@cableplus, @bristolsteve, @waldron - I've now pushed the update to your devices.
Quote from: CJBlue
On a related note though, having read about the glibc bug today ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35592916 ) , is this something we need to be concerned about as I would imagine the Technicolor routers could be affected?

No idea, but thanks for flagging. We'll look into it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

waldron
Grafter

Many thanks, Bob.
bristolsteve

Thanks Bob - seems all good again now.
edgeways
Grafter

Have returned Windows settings to obtain DNS automatically on my PC - all back to normal.
am keeping laptop set at altered settings for time being for comparison.
Thanks Bob.
temuulen

was affected by this issue as well. using the public dns now. talked to plusnet online agent earlier and told me there will be router push update soon.
monothuk

Hi
I too have been struggling over the past few days, I finally got some time to read around the issues, could Bob push the update to my router please?
regards
M
StevieR

Hello
I also over the past few days and still now have trouble accessing some websites that other people have checked and work fine for them.
carlwinkle
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Indeed this has been a recurring issue for me too over the last few days, will wade through the instructions in this thread when i have time.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Bob
Would it be an idea to push the config change to turn off WANDownSpoofing to all users that had the firmware update? Maybe email them as well and advise them to do a config backup as I've suggested here until a permanent solution is found?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We're exploring our options.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

carlwinkle, monothuk and yoloswag - config has been pushed to your devices.
@StevieR, can't see your device on the ACS server so you might have to try one of the manual workarounds if you're confident this issue is the cause of your problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

ArthurDent
Grafter

Posted whilst sitting listening to 30mins of music whilst waiting for PN support.
Have had probs over the 2 or 3 days almost identical to those reported by cjblue in #7 on this thread - i.e. sometimes revolving doughnut, sometimes no response at all. Pinging BBC or PN sometimes times out. This inconsistency has not been experienced before. Speed tests on BT, Think and Ookla look OK and typical though, again, occasional  timeout.
Have to talk because I just don't understand some of the stuff on this thread. Unlike all you guys I'm not at all techie (and don't want to be, thanks) so will want my hand held. After all, isn't all this kit supposed to make life easier?
Ah, a new tune . . . .