cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Issues?

marcusk
Grafter

Re: DNS Issues?

Do I, when I get home, reverse the local DNS changes made to my PC and see how things are, and report? Basically?
edgeways
Grafter

Thanks Bob
Does this also apply to those who reported the problem on my thread started on 15 February  and then locked and referred to this thread.
edgeways.
lammypie

Hi Bob,
I have just spoken to the support team who have directed me back here as I am experiencing DNS issues following the recent firmware upgrade. Would it be possible for you to remotely initiate the telnet commands to my router? Let me know if you require any further information?
Thanks
Chris
hillfort
Dabbler

Thanks Bob.
hillfort
Dabbler

and I can confirm it's all working fine now ...  Cool
dick:quote
meyre68
Grafter

Sorry just got back today. I had manually changed my DNS under adapter settings to the Plusnet ones. That got it working again. I'm not going to bother changing it back incase this happens again  Cheesy
And I'm windows 10 btw.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: marcusk
Do I, when I get home, reverse the local DNS changes made to my PC and see how things are, and report? Basically?

Yep.
Quote from: edgeways
Does this also apply to those who reported the problem on my thread started on 15 February  and then locked and referred to this thread.

I've only taken examples from this thread, I've now also had updates pushed to lammypie, edgeways and pabenny. Note that these config updates aren't persistent and won't survive a factory reset at the moment.
Quote from: meyre68
Sorry just got back today. I had manually changed my DNS under adapter settings to the Plusnet ones. That got it working again. I'm not going to bother changing it back incase this happens again  Cheesy

I'm fairly certain you'll be OK now, and it would help us to know whether or not what we've done has fixed the problems you were having.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

lammypie

Thanks @Bob, have backed out my PCs DNS settings and all seems to be well. As do my non-PC devices (mobile phones etc).
You mentioned that the fix applied isn't permanent. Do you have any initial indications as to when a permanent fix might be rolled out (days, weeks, months)?
Corpsecutter

Hello,
i have been directed here by another member to ask if my issue can be fixed remotely by Bob...
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148659.0.html
here is my issue ↑
thank you for any help, always appreciated.
Tony285

I've read through a fair bit of this DNS problem thread & haven't understood any of it, but I do know my fibre b/b has abruptly turned very sick since last Sat the 13th (on both desktop & laptop) - despite still showing fast upload/download speeds
So Bob can you also apply the talked about temporary-fix for me remotely? ..as I've no idea what DNS or telnet is, & a lot of sites I visit either aren't loading at all or are trying to load with dial-up loading times  Undecided

Thanks, Tony
nb. And having been a happy bunny with PlusNet for many years now, & never seen anything like this before - what's going on?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: lammypie
You mentioned that the fix applied isn't permanent. Do you have any initial indications as to when a permanent fix might be rolled out (days, weeks, months)?

We're still working through the specifics. We're in touch with Technicolor too. It's a tricky one, because as we've established, it's hard to pin-point exactly what's causing the issue.
Quote from: Corpsecutter
I have been directed here by another member to ask if my issue can be fixed remotely by Bob...

Done.
Quote from: Tony285
So Bob can you also apply the talked about temporary-fix for me remotely?

Done.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ollie222

If it helps I raised a ticket a couple of days ago regarding this issue and it affected windows 8.1 and windows 10 machines.
Changing the DNS to google servers on my local machine fixed the issue temporarily and I've since executed Bob's no. 2 fix and that seems to fix the problem even after switching back to the standard dns servers.
Corpsecutter

Thank you very much guys, seems to be working perfect again.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
CJBlue
Dabbler

I can confirm web browsing using plusnet's normal dns settings seems back to normal for me after the fix. Thanks for the help Smiley
On a related note though, having read about the glibc bug today ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35592916 ) , is this something we need to be concerned about as I would imagine the Technicolor routers could be affected?
Only reason I mention this here is the bit that says "The domain look-up code in glibc contains a bug that could allow hackers to maliciously implant code within a device's memory. From here, attacks such as remote execution - controlling the device over the internet - could take place. "  Sad
cableplus

Hi Bob, we have same problem as everyone else, please can you apply remote fix to our router too?
Thanks in advance