Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM reset help.

dj1234
Dabbler

DLM reset help.

Hi

I do not know if there is someone in the community that can help me but I have a large speed slow down and have reported it to faults at plusnet.

Today I have got and setup my brand new modem router But I need a fibre DLM reset. I have sent the request today and a explanation why.

To plusnet help my open question on my speed fault but I am asking is there a quicker way of getting my DLM request done because I think my open question may take days to get a response to it.

I need to know when it has be done so I can power down and power up my new modem router.

Thanks

DJ

6 REPLIES 6
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: DLM reset help.

Hi @dj1234

I'm sorry I was unable to catch you over the phone just now, I've left an update over the ongoing faults support ticket for you. 

Thanks. 

dj1234
Dabbler

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but thank you for putting my request in for the DLM reset I just need to know when it's done. But my with my hub one being 4 years old and it starting to have the lights on the front flickering and the hum coming from it I had to buy a new modem router because my hub one was on its last legs and I did not want to risk a fire from it.

I do have hope that my new purchased modem router will solve my problems with the dlm reset when it takes place I will have to wait and seen next week when the reset should be done.

But thanks for now
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I can see that ticket on your account is still open, your line will be retested shortly so one of our fault agent will be able to confirm if all required changes were completed and if there is improvement in your connection.

dj1234
Dabbler

Hi
Thank you for getting back to me. well later to day sometime in the evening I will be powering my new modem router for over 30 minutes so I can do some tests on lan and broadband cables for continuity shorts and cable quality. I just want to cover all my bases on the cables connected to modem router ruling out any problems and replacing any cat6e cat7a or cat8 cables for my own piece of mind.

There is a chance that when I power modem router back up it will re sync at higher speed I hope but it will be better to power down and up when I know my dlm reset request has been complete.

One last point my new modem router did two reboots at the start when I set it up to apply firmware updates but has been online no disconnections in over 6 days.

Thank you for your help to this point
dj1234
Dabbler

Hi

Can someone please put my request in again for my fibre DLM reset. I have waited 6 working days and I know its not been done because BT is showing that my download IP is still set at 13.88 but my upload IP is set at 20.00 which Is right and needs no change at all.

I may leave a note on my open fault info about this also.

Thanks

DJ

dj1234
Dabbler

Hi

Had a nice chap from plus.net phone me on Sunday about my speed problems and I told him about my request for a dlm reset and it not being done and he said that he would do the request again so now just need to wait and see.

Thanks

DJ