cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM reset done incorrectly - could someone check?

FIXED
armageus
Grafter

DLM reset done incorrectly - could someone check?

Following on from this post: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Profile-speed-dropped/m-p/1743148#M112836

I submitted a speed fault as advised, and on 07/07/20 03:00 it looks like a DLM reset was performed, which I appreciate

Unfortunately it looks like rather than being placed on an open profile, that I have been placed on a 20Mbps downstream profile, further limiting my connection.

Could someone please have a look, do a GEA test or whatever is necessary, as rather than potentially gaining speed (due to resolving a potential cabling issue at my premises), I have lost another 2Mb.

@Gandalf 

DSL20200709-0720.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
armageus
Grafter

Re: DLM reset done incorrectly - could someone check?

I've opened a fault ticket - Question #203684409

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

There is no such thing as an open profile.

The profiles available are 80/20 or 40/10 on PN, 55/10 and 40/2 are available to some other ISP's.

Not sure why you are only showing part of your stats, what about the others?

armageus
Grafter

More than happy to be corrected, but I was under the impression that a DLM reset would put it into a 0.128kbps-40Mbps "open" band on the downstream, until DLM works out what is stable.

It currently looks to be "capped" at 20Mb - (And previously when I had a DLM reset done around a year ago, it instantly connected at an "expected" high rate)

I didn't include the upstream stats, as I have never had an issue with that side of things - DLM has always worked correctly, varying as you would expect by a few kbps between resyncs.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Your understanding is not quite correct. From a typical GEA test, you will see an entry like this:

0.128M-40M Downstream 4dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off 

Showing a profile of 40 10 which is one of the profiles mentioned earlier. it was the "open" terminology that confused me.

I can only assume that your DLM reset has not gone through - but PN seem to be prioritising line faults are taking priority over speed faults. You can check your profile by doing a BTW speed test - it will show the max up and down speeds for your line.

armageus
Grafter

Polite nudge - could someone please have a look at this for me?

Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Thanks for your time @armageus, I have updated the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
armageus
Grafter

@LaurenB Looks to have done the trick - now synced at 26540Kbps.

Thanks again