cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM on my line or?

darklight
Grafter

DLM on my line or?

Can plusnet staff check if my lines as some DLM on it, because something happened around 1pm yesterday speed as lost 10mbps on my line, I usually get 73mbps now its 63mbps.
72 REPLIES 72
mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: DLM on my line or?

Do you know if your latency has also increase or not?
Might be G.INP!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi darklight we're not seeing any changes to the line profile on this side.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mlmclaren
Grafter

When G.INP was enabled on my line Plusnet couldn't see that either and I'm assuming they still can't
dick:quote
darklight
Grafter

@mlmclaren yes my latency as increased, if it is this G.INP how can i fix it ?
mlmclaren
Grafter

Do you use a HG612 modem and is it unlocked?
darklight
Grafter

I just use a normal BT modem which the BT engineer brought when i had FTTC installed, its not unlocked i'm sure of that, is there any third party modem or modem router that would fix this problem.
mlmclaren
Grafter

I can't recommend anything no!
could you tell me if their is a Huawei logo on the back of your BT Openreach modem, this is the modem which can be upgraded to work with G.INP
darklight
Grafter

No it say ECI on back of my modem.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Oh OK, well unfortunately I can't help you then,
You will need to wait for a firmware update from Openreach to enable G.INP support on your modem or buy a compatible piece of kit, they is mention of a few device about that will support it.
ericgripp
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi darklight we're not seeing any changes to the line profile on this side.

Funny how you cant see degraded line performance due to G.INP on eci openreach modems and from your response it doesn't sound like you or the team are aware of the issue at all. I've logged  101683118 with the same issue. Would be nice if you and the team could get up to speed on the problem.
ericgripp
Grafter

Quote from: mlmclaren
Oh OK, well unfortunately I can't help you then,
You will need to wait for a firmware update from Openreach to enable G.INP support on your modem or buy a compatible piece of kit, they is mention of a few device about that will support it.

But its nothing to do with the standard plusnet modem (unless that doesn't support G.INP as well) the issue is with the ECI modems (read openreach modem)
mlmclaren
Grafter

To be honest (as much as it pains me) I think Plusnet and many other ISP's are innocent to these issues due to Openreach rolling out G.INP and seemingly not giving any notice to providers or much information what errors could occur..
Also seems like Openreach didn't bother running trials... Unless this is the trial and if that's the case then I think the number of trialists is a bit too big.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: ericgripp
But its nothing to do with the standard plusnet modem (unless that doesn't support G.INP as well) the issue is with the ECI modems (read openreach modem)

Could you define what you mean by "Plusnet Modem" please,
The user above is using an ECI Modem which currently does not support G.INP and also cannot have its firmware upgraded by the End User due to it being locked down by Openreach..
If the end user was using a HG612 modem then it can be unlocked and then upgraded by the end user without much trouble, this would mean the newer firmware would understand G.INP.
ericgripp
Grafter

if you have a HUAWEI HG612 openreach modem your in luck because you can flash the firmware on it that resolves the issue. With the ECI modems see here http://i.imgur.com/Nc5UiO7.jpg the firmware on these devices, as a result of the G.INP rollout, leaves some lines in limbo, lines that have worked rock solid (in my case at over 73 meg for two years) now suddenly have dropped 10 meg sync. If I could hack/flash the firmware on it as you can do with the HG612, it would probably resolve the issue. But no comment from plusnet here on the forums, rude plusnet tech support staff when you try and rasie the issue via a ticket, and no update or mention as to how customers with broken ECI modems will be resolved, it leaves me little faith that plusnet has the capability to deal with the issue.