Fixes: 22

Re: DLM, cross talk or something else

Not idea who DC is, but yep that'll help you Smiley

(bookmarked for myself too) Wink

jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

whoops! just click on the first D that came up sorry!

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

AFAIK when we hit the @ button it should already list all of those on that thread.

Having just checked, it does work this way @jrilton

But I too have seen it sometimes show names in an alphabetical order instead!!Shocked (I thought it may of been some scripts I don't allow to run (google-analyatics.com and googletagmanager.com)

In deed whilst typing this reply - pressing (at) <then the spacebar> then trying to continue writing still brings the (at) names up for the next letter pressed after the space. I'd of though that pressing the spacebar after the (at) would cancel this out - @jaread83

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@DS wrote:

In deed whilst typing this reply - pressing (at) <then the spacebar> then trying to continue writing still brings the (at) names up for the next letter pressed after the space. I'd of though that pressing the spacebar after the (at) would cancel this out - @jaread83

Thats just a quirk of the system and I am unable to change how it behaves. All I can tell you is that it works in this way:

• @Single @ will bring up the list of current thread participants
  • A single character will not search for anything outside of the current thread participants
  • Two characters will do an exact match to users with those two characters and only those two characters (such as yourself)
  • Three characters or more will perform a full search across the entire database for users matching the search criteria.

@IF you find the list of users pops up after adding the @ symbol just press the space bar and keep typing, it will dissapear after typing a word and hitting space again and typing another word. Either that or use your mouse to click elsewhere in the editor to get rid of the user list.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jrilton
Rising Star

@Anoush did you manage to find out any more info about what the interference is all about that @jafreer and I have noticed in our reports?

jrilton
Rising Star

@DS I got my cheapie radio. As soon as I I turned it on and tuned it, there was an instant high pitched noise. It traveled right from where the 2 gang power block was plugged in all the way to my router. I assumed it was the power block but as soon as I turned my router off the sound disappeared.

Turns out it's the actually plug from my draytek router that's at fault. I even tried using the PN power supply in my draytek and no noise at all.

So now I'm going to use the PN plus in my draytek, so I hope I don't blow it up! Just got to wait a bit with it powered off so it doesn't think there is a further fault.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Can you check to see if there are voltage ratings on the power supplies? How different are they?

jrilton
Rising Star

They look the same output to me, photo attached.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Yep, should be absolutely fine (assuming polarity is correct and connectors fit). I am very interested to see if this will make a difference,

jrilton
Rising Star

The plug fits fine and everything is powered up okay. They draytek power doesn't fit in my PN router though, it seems to be slightly too small for it. If the polarity was wrong, would it just not work at all? I'm going to contact draytek anyway.

My speeds dropped again when I got home syncing at only 61Mbps with attainable at 69 (interleave at 889) My upload has been moved to fastpath though and is back up to 19 sync. It might not have anything to do with that noise but the router was surrounded by it, even coming from the router itself. All quiet now, I'll see what its like in a few days.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

You can see the polarity in the picture and they do match.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@jamesanstee wrote:

I have no idea on my line length is think the last engineer i had out said it was roughly around 500meters 

@jamesanstee - Line length is sitting at about a third of a mile. Seems that you're also on a 3db profile and you're getting a pretty nice speed.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU####################

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 75.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 17.8 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 496.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence ; 00:00 to 23:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 14
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

@jrilton wrote:

@Anoush did you manage to find out any more info about what the interference is all about that @jafreer and I have noticed in our reports?

It's on my To Do list. Apologies for the delay. I'm out of the office tomorrow, I'll get back to you guys on Friday.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Anoush could you post the GEA test for my line please?

I'm pretty sure I'm 175m from the cab as the crow flies.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sure, grabbing it now...

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jrilton
Rising Star

No hurry @Anoush it seems everyone has interference. I'm slightly concerned that I've gone from 76Mbps to 55Mbps is 3 days though! I'll give it a week and see what happens. Enjoy your day off 😀