Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM and speeds

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

DLM and speeds

I don't think as long as I have internet i'll understand DLM.

When I first moved to PN I had 49mb speeds. Fine I thought, then I put on my own modem/ router and gained an extra 5mb, whoopee 😀. Then some 18 months or so later I had a re- sync and lost the gained 5mb- boooo. Never mind I thought, more line stability and the speed will return. Nope, for the last 8- 9 months of 30+ day solid connections the speed stubbornly refused to move (in any direction). Imagine my surprise the other night when we had 2 small power cuts within an hour. [-Censored-] I thought, my speeds will take a hammering. Next evening when I got home, I looked at my BQM which was solid red, indicating yet another disconnection. checked the router stats and the speeds have gone up again!! Goes against everything I thought I knew about controlling line quality.

Mark

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
3 REPLIES 3
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: DLM and speeds

Mine was much the same with PN but since my move to another ISP I tend to get far more resyncs. Slight moves admittedly each time but always in the same range i.e. 78Mb/s plus/minus 1. 25 times since August. Not that I've ever noticed. I do wonder sometimes if it makes a difference if you are using your own router/modem. With PN I did, whereas with my new ISP I'm using their supplied kit.

Maybe DLM just forgot you........... 😀

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

DLM? SNR Margin? REIN? SHINE? etc.

The sooner FTTP is rolled out to your area the better - you can then forget about all that malarkey!  Smiley

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still