cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM Reset

liznyorks

DLM Reset

Had an engineer out today due to a corroded line and I don't know if he has done a DLM reset, so I was wondering if somebody would be able to take a look, if not would it be possible for somebody to do a DLM reset?
8 REPLIES 8
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: DLM Reset

Hi A DLM Reset can only be done by an Engineer after a physical fault has been fixed and even then it's up to them whether one would be done or not,  That said some seem to do one anyway as a quick fix rather than go looking for the actual fault and fixing that, ISPs have no access to DLM so Plusnet cant do anything for you in regards of a reset. 
If the Engineer replaced part of your line due to corrosion or put you on a new pair etc I would think a DLM Reset would have be done but if it's not i'm afraid there isn't anything you can do about it unless you develop another fault with another Engineer visit.
cedlor
Grafter

From what I have read the DLM will reset over time if the line quality has improved.May reduce the level of interlacing  then reduce the snrm.
Can you monitor any improvement from your stats? if not perhaps carry out a BTW speedtest - ignore all the red writing and just tick the yes box
and go for the additional information test after the first one has completed.  Do the test every few hours and see if there is any improvement.
Also chack the IP speed shown on the BT Test with the PN Speed as per my link and see if the two match.
liznyorks

I have done the BT wholesale speed check the ip profile it is giving me is 19mbps. Which hasn't changed since the problem first occurred.
cedlor
Grafter

Yes but what does the PN current line speed say?
liznyorks

Anywhere between 14-16 mbps down 4-6 mbps up im on 40/20.
cedlor
Grafter

Ok , and how far away from the cabinet?
liznyorks

Erm about 200m.
cedlor
Grafter

Good - as if you didnt already know it confirms that something is still wrong :). But keep doing regular BTW tests and compare with PN.
At 200 meters your speed should not drop to much below 38mbps down. So I think you will have to report it again to PN as a speed fault.
Give them all the distance info and tell them you should be on 40/20
If you have not already done so try dropping the internet then switching off (unplugging from mains) the router for 30 minutes or more, then reconnecting.