cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM Reset, stuck profile has got worse since the lightning storm!!

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DLM Reset, stuck profile has got worse since the lightning storm!!

so what your saying is the lines banded but your not going to reset it ? the only thing you are able to request from your end other than an engineer call out cause u cant do anything else and you refuse to try and request the dlm reset for the customer but offer an engineer out which costs far more than requesting or at least trying to reset the customers line ?

i dont get it what am i missing here ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@iangilf as per previous responses there are criteria we have to meet when requesting a DLM reset and these are validated. In this case the sync speed is showing as below the banding so the request would ultimately likely get rejected. In addition an engineer should also be able to investigate the underlying problem as to why it got banded in the first instance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iangilf
Rising Star

i think the customers given up on this anyways by the looks of it they havent responded to it for a while now and to be honest i dont blame them really 

iangilf
Rising Star

its nearly 2020 and u as a isp are still powerless to do anything regarding fibre its always down to openreach engineers to do anything about it you have no control over anything its disgusting really by now u should have a panel of tools to allow you to do things 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf  Sorry but you and other PlusNet staff are not understanding the evidence here. @ejs has got it right, the profile name is out of date so ignore that. The GEA test shows a speed lower than actual downstream sync speed when retransmission high is active, this is confirmed by the GEA test, Downstream line rate minimum - 39.9Mbps equating to the actual sync speed. 

So it would appear that the line is banded at 40Mbps and a DLM reset can be requested as the actual sync speed is at the banding level.

I am no longer a PlusNet customer but the same errors and incorrect diagnoses keep on happening. I don't think I will be considering PlusNet for my ISP in the future.Sad

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Or we are not understanding that you cannot have a remote DLM reset without waiting two weeks for the profile name field to show the appropriate numbers, and you cannot have one if you're on a retransmission high profile.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RealAleMadrid I get what you've said however I'm afraid that a DLM reset will be validated against the current sync rate and the current banding as shown on a GEA test.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Well that is typical of Openreach or BT Wholesale incompetence, whoever is responsible, the current sync rate is 39.999 Mbps, the line is banded, the validation is against out of date and incorrect values. I have been posting about these inconsistencies for a long time but nothing is done to persuade BT/OR of the obvious errors in the parameters required to satisfy their conditions for a DLM reset.

iangilf
Rising Star

Everything seems to be going backwards nowadays we never seem to move forward with anything not just Internet but everything we do in this country ..the support is so shocking nowadays it's like talking to talk talk back in the day when they read if a card and you got nowhere then ....when ate you isps going to sit down and hold meetings with the big boys and get things sorted so you have more control I don't get why there are so many support staff in these isps when all they say is we will book you an engineer or wait for it .....your speeds are in your range so there's nothing we can do for you ...come on arrange a meeting with open reach and request more control over lines for your customers it's rediculous
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm not going to get involved in the discussion regarding the DLM reset process as it is currently what it is however we are still happy to investigate the speed fault for the OP by arranging an engineer. 

@iangilf wrote:
the support is so shocking nowadays it's like talking to talk talk back in the day when they read if a card and you got nowhere then

Of what you've said I'd like to address this. While we do have processes to follow, I can assure you that we don't read from a script when you contact us. I'm sorry if you've had a poor experience, can you advise roughly when this was so I can listen to the call or read the webchat and ensure feedback is passed on where appropriate.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iangilf
Rising Star

It's not a recent thing and I was just using that as an example when I first joined plusnet u could actually speak to someone in live chat regarding tech support now all u get threw is someone tryin to sell u the service the tech support has gone down hill if u phone up support you are then put in a queue and have to wait lengthy periods of time as loads have experienced this as I've read on these forums aswell so not just me and live chat is non existent nowadays as people have said not just me why is this ?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@iangilf while I do sincerely apologise for any long call queue you've had I'd not expect the service we've delivered over the phone when you've got through to us to be how you describe. If you have any specific examples I'd love to investigate further and make sure feedback is passed on. With regards to live chat not working can you advise if you've got any pop up blockers active on the browser you're using? This can stop the chat service from loading correctly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

I think people are getting to the wrong conclusion of the issues.

A DLM reset is pointless if the sync speed is below the DLM "banded" rate.

What needs to be looked at is what BTW say the line should be syncing at, is there a voice fault, are there other issues with the line? What are the max attainable sync speeds according to the router/modem.

Once the line is working at its best optimised way, then a DLM reset may help, but looking at the stats, perhaps a saving of £5 and reverting to the standards fibre product might be the most appropriate way forward.