cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM Reset, stuck profile has got worse since the lightning storm!!

kjwkjw
Dabbler

DLM Reset, stuck profile has got worse since the lightning storm!!

Hi,

My profile has been stuck for a while but have ignored it as was happy enough with it as it was.

However since the lightning storm we had last weekend it has got worse and has now pegged me at 9db causing me to sync at 39999 with an attainable of 55000.

Can you please ask for a reset if possible?

Many Thanks,

K.

27 REPLIES 27
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: DLM Reset, stuck profile has got worse since the lightning storm!!

Hi there, 

Sorry if this disappoints but DLM for fibre is fully automated and can only be reset by an engineer at the cabinet. 

To instigate that we'd need to be able to report a fault and we're unfortunately unable to as speeds are above the minimum guaranteed level. However though the automation does work both ways so speeds should gradually increase over the coming week or so. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kjwkjw
Dabbler

Correct me if i am wrong but are you not able to reset the caution counters by requesting this from BT?

How can 39999 be at the minimum required level for Fibre Extra?!?!

My line has been banded for a long time and this has now recently got worse, please resolve.

Please note I have just today renewed my contract, I will be cancelling this and moving if you cannot help as a change of ISP will fix this problem.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @kjwkjw,

I'm afraid the only control we have over DLM on fibre broadband is the ability to remove banding from a line. Your connection is syncing at 38.3Mbps where as the profile is 0.128M - 44M so making amendments to the profile will not increase the sync rate.

The estimates provided on your account (69Mbps - 72Mbps) are different to what is shown on DSL checker (40.5Mbps - 61.3Mbps), both are lower than the estimated line speeds. Could you connect your router to the test socket and raise a fault. Do you have another router that you could test to see if any improvements are made?

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
kjwkjw
Dabbler

My connection IS banded and thats my point, please arrange to have this reset as has been done previously when I have had problems. If you cannot help I will be moving the line elsewhere to achieve the reset.

As you can see from the stats below I am syncing at 39999 even at the test socket, with a noise margin of 9.2dB, this means I am banded as I am being prevented from syncing at 6dB and achieving a much higher sync.

Noise Margin: 9.2 dB 5.7 dB
Attainable Rate: 51830 kbits/s 14320 kbits/s

DS Channel1 DS Channel0 US Channel1 US Channel0
Speed (kbps): 0 39999 0 14402

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@kjwkjw,

BT Wholesale have not released automated resets for fibres service on their systems yet, so it is not possible for us to process a DLM reset for fibre service. They currently have a trial open which has very strict requirement which your line does not qualify. In those situations our only option we have is to allow the profile to automatically update under normal time frames or to progress down a fault route. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected.

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

of course there line qualifies there line is banded at 39999 and the dlm reset is if your line is banded lol .....why dont u like helping people here at plusnet ?

its crazy 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@iangilf 

of course there line qualifies

No it does not. If it did we would have added it to the trial. 

line is banded at 39999 and the dlm reset is if your line is banded lol

There are other things involved. How the fibre trial works isn't as simple as how you think it works.  

Do you not think it would be easier for us to add it and reset that way if we could. It's an absolute pain for a provider to issue an engineer for something that should be simple, but that's still the only thing we can do until a process is released to allow ISPs to remotely reset. 

iangilf
Rising Star

ive seen many lines on here that are BANDED  which this line is and u request for the banding to be removed why is this case different then?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @iangilf,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

I have provided the GEA service test below as evidence that this line is not BANDED to 39999. For visibility, the sync rate and profile is highlighted in bold with red text. As @JOLO has advised, if we could see the line was banded it would be sent to the trial team. This would also make it easier to resolve.

@kjwkjw if the sync rate hasn't increased between the estimates, please raise a fault as per my initial response.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 38.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 14.4 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Not Run - Unable to run
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 639.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence ; 00:00 to 23:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-44M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 43.9 Mbps 42.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 14.3 Mbps 14.8 Mbps 14.6 Mbps
Up Time 562.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.4 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-06-24T10:34:25Z 2019-06-24T10:49:25Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
iangilf
Rising Star

0.128M-44M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
If they say there syncing at 39999 and your gea test us showing something dif fervent then something is a miss here and if they should be on fibre unlimited t shouldn't show 0.128M-44M Downstream, to the customer raise a fault n get yourself an engineer out and get them to sort it that's what you pay for good luck
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

0.128M-44M Downstream IS clear indication of banding ,fibre unlimited would be 0.128M-40M fibre extra which the OP is on would state 0.128M-80M, seeing as 44M is nither of the two i have stated and is above 40M it's clear it's a fibre extra line that has been banded,

@Gandalf would please take a look of this thread and take charge of it, I'm sure the OP would like the banding removed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I agree with @Jubby in that the line isn't showing as banded so we can't request a DLM reset for this.

As the speeds are below estimates we can arrange an engineer who can arrange the reset themselves and also investigate the underlying issue into why the line is banded in the first instance(A fault I imagine was caused by the lightning).

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Two issues:

1. On a Retransmission High profile, that Downstream Speed the GEA test gives as 38.3 will always give a lower value than the Downstream Line Rate (sync speed from modem).

2. The "Profile Name" details tend to be 13 days old.

Do another GEA test in two weeks time, and if nothing has changed, it'll show 0.128M-40M instead of 0.128M-44M. Even if something has changed since then, it might still give a 13 day old value showing 0.128M-40M.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I stand by our previous responses to be honest as DLM resets are validated against the sync rate and profile name showing on a GEA test. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet