Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM Reset Please

mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

DLM Reset Please

In November my (very rural) line became intermittent and the speed dropped by stages to below minimum.

On the day I reported the problem to PN I passed an Openreach tech down the lane who was working on a problem with a neighbour's line. Sure enough, when the OR guy left my connection became stable again.

However my connection has not restored to its previous speed despite a consistently high SNR and I suspect it has been banded.

Can a PN person have a look please and check if it is possible for a DLM reset to be requested. My line has been very stable.

I installed a Smart Hub 2 early Desember which has not improved the situation (see attached log and stats.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
cOmp
Rising Star

Re: DLM Reset Please

Getting Plusnet to carry out a DLM reset is a battle in it self. May I suggest you phone them up to say your speeds have decreased and ask them to check if you are banded if so they will unband it. They won't send out an engineer purely to rest the DLM unless a fault exists.

Please do let us know how you get on.
Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.
mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DLM Reset Please

Thanks cOmp, I know it would be a battle - and not one I'm likely to win!

I can do without another encounter with a script monkey who will want me to do again all the things I've already done and then tell me that PN won't do anything because the speed is above minimum level.

I'll just hope the line goes down completely again soon so it has to be fixed and then the DLM can learn again what my line can do.

I only posted this in the hope that someone in PN would pick it up in an idle moment.

Cheers,

Martin