cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL Throughput Speed Halved, Pings Increased / Sync 79999 and stable

fwdlink
Dabbler

DL Throughput Speed Halved, Pings Increased / Sync 79999 and stable

Morning @Gandalf and admin team, hope you're all safe...

Wondering if there is a problem on Welwyn Garden City Exchange, woke up this morning and DL throughput nearly exactly halved, max 35Mbps and raised ping times.

Line stats are stable with sync 79999/20000 IP Profile showing 74.1 / normal DL is 70-72 and Ping 11ms

Problem showing this morning is  as follows:#

DL 35-38Mbps and Ping 16-20ms both are variable/eratic and unstable.  There has been no resyncs, problem started in the wee hours of this morning (Sunday),  Dropped and reset router PPP connection to eliminate it, no change, seemingly it's beyond my equipment.

UL seems to not be effected.

So the quesiton really is before opening tickets etc. is there an issue on Welwyn Garden City exchange?

3 REPLIES 3
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: DL Throughput Speed Halved, Pings Increased / Sync 79999 and stable

Hi @fwdlink

Sorry to hear about problems with your broadband. I can see that fault ticket was already raised on your account here

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed.

fwdlink
Dabbler

Thanks @Tibzor yes it seems your colleagues took immediate action, I've seen two re-syncs one last evening  and another around 2AM this morning, it looks like my speed is back to normal.  I'll await for the ticket to progress as it's still showing with a FTTC expert and don't want to mess up any investigation in case something needs to be logged by closing it.

Thanks to the team for the quick engagement after opening the ticket, appreciated....

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for fast answer.

It is good to hear that line is performing better now. I can see that when you've raised this ticket there were loads of errors on your line, looks like it have stabilised now.

There is no need for you to close this ticket. Once it will be picked up by our fault agents they will retest your line and if there will be still any problems they will be in touch.

If there is anything else we can help you with in meantime, just let us know.