cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCT - fibre connecting today (I hope) will need a profile update

tonycollinet
Grafter

DCT - fibre connecting today (I hope) will need a profile update

I've got a PM appointment (hopefully the last) for fibre connection today. This is a heads up, so someone can be ready to update my profile when connected.  Wink
Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: DCT - fibre connecting today (I hope) will need a profile update

Hi Tony,
I'm still keeping an eye on your order.
I'm here until 5.30 today so I'll be checking it before I leave and I'll get the account upgraded if I see that the order completes before then.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Guess what - that one was an engineer no show, due to (according to BTW) appointment no confirmed. Adam told me it was, and I am happy to take his word. Though I've just added this to my (3 month old) ticket.
OK - assuming Jack reads this (see message above) and given that is only one week to the appointment AND that this will be the FIFTH appointment to get fibre installed (four failures). Please can you DOUBLE DOUBLE Check that the appointment is booked, AND confirmed, and definitely HASN'T been eaten by the dog. Then, when you've DOUBLE DOUBLE checked, please can you check again. Probably best to check the cat also.
kthxbai
🙂

(Jack should be handling this while Adam is away)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Tony,
I'm here.
Gutted doesn't even come close. REALLY sorry.
I'll find out what I can and make sure another booking is made for ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

I can confirm that 08:00 and 13:00 on the 27th is OK.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming Tony, I'll give you a call in the afternoon on the 27th.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

OK - it is now 13:03 and no-one has arrived. So unless he shows up late, that is 6 (Yes, 6) engineer appointments so far that have failed to install fibre.
First three were aborted because cabinet build was incomplete - despite systems stating it was ready.
Second three - no -shows ALL of them.
Let me say that again - Three Successive Appointments where the engineer has failed to show up.
I am at a loss now to know what to do. I cannot take more time off work for this - at least not with that record of reliability. There is one opportunity on Friday - when Mrs TC will be off work - but as you can imagine, she is not to keen on just wasting her time off waiting around for no-one to come.
I fail to see how ANY organisation can think that this is in ANY way acceptable. I was also informed that if *I* failed to be in for an appointment, I'd be charged £50. By my calculation on the basis of balanced and fair contracts, that means PlusNet now owe me £300.
Yours,
Pissed off of Alsager.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
I'm really sorry to to learn of this. I understand Adam has taken control of this to get the situation rectified. I've let him know what's happening and he'll update you soon.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've dropped what I'm doing to chase this now.
I'll update you as soon as I can.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: tonyAtplus
OK - it is now 13:03 and no-one has arrived. So unless he shows up late, that is 6 (Yes, 6) engineer appointments so far that have failed to install fibre.
First three were aborted because cabinet build was incomplete - despite systems stating it was ready.
Second three - no -shows ALL of them.
Let me say that again - Three Successive Appointments where the engineer has failed to show up.
I am at a loss now to know what to do. I cannot take more time off work for this - at least not with that record of reliability. There is one opportunity on Friday - when Mrs TC will be off work - but as you can imagine, she is not to keen on just wasting her time off waiting around for no-one to come.
I fail to see how ANY organisation can think that this is in ANY way acceptable. I was also informed that if *I* failed to be in for an appointment, I'd be charged £50. By my calculation on the basis of balanced and fair contracts, that means PlusNet now owe me £300.
Yours,
[Censored] off of Alsager.

It's £60 fella so you are doing yourself short there.
My parents have had install the cab is live 2 months early and they can't get 1/2 of the speed "estimated" or the line profile PN put them on. So it's not always fantastic when it is installed. However I hope in your case it is as I know it's area/cab dependent
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can't promise it will be to the level of what you've mentioned at all Tony but I'll make sure we arrange a good will gesture for you after we've got you upgraded to fibre.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Hi Adam
Is it possible to check the appointment now? Mrs tc is delaying lunch plans to stay in
Thanks
(Also posted to ticket and pm)
tonycollinet
Grafter

20 minutes to go - still no sign. Not feeling hopeful
tonycollinet
Grafter

And another 13:00 rolls by as a no show. Mrs TC is now on her way out to her delayed lunch - delayed for nothing. She is NOT happy at another wasted 5 hours. Needless to say, nor am I.

Why are OR not able to call when they are not going to show up?
That is now 7 appointments, still no fibre, and 4 CONSECUTIVE FAILURES TO SHOW UP AT ALL.
This is without a doubt the worst example of customer service I have ever experienced. Please give me ONE good reason why I shouldn't switch to BT in the hope that they (illegally) have more influence over the OR engineer appointment system.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi Tony,
I've just had a quick word with Adam about your case. I'm going to leave it with him as he's been dealing with the history of the case.
If I were in your position I'd be livid. We will do all we can to get this sorted out for you as quickly as we can. I know there is nothing I can say to make Plusnet look any better right now, but please bear with us and we will sort it.
Thanks,
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team