Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer options team, no help

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Customer options team, no help

I just phoned COT & said i was thinking of leaving as i can get a better deal elsewhere,but was told by the guy i spoke to he can,t offer any deal.

I told him the deal i was looking at which would save me about £8 a month,sorry he said we have stopped doing it now,bye.

What a waste of time that was,my contract runs out at the end on may,ah well.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) All caps removed as per Forum rules

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
37 REPLIES 37
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: CUSTOMER OPTIONS TEAM,NO HELP

That number would tend to indicate that you are comparing with SSE and, as posted elsewhere, Plusnet won't match that rather silly offer

jockwav
Aspiring Pro

What number are talking about,i told the CO guy i was comparing the same deal i have with BT,but they are not doing any more deals he told me.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

"was told by the guy i spoke to he can,t offer any deal"   "he said we have stopped doing it now"

Seems to be the key phrases. Plusnet do seem to have severely cut back on any contract offers for existing customers.

jockwav
Aspiring Pro

So their answer is lose long term paying customers to gain all these free BB ones,the logic is flawed.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

That does seem to be their "business plan" though who will pay for all the new customers freebies when there are no long term customers left is a mystery.

jockwav
Aspiring Pro

Exactly,i think whoever runs the business can,t really see that as a good plan.GrinFunnyTicked_off

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@jockwav , did they not try to offer you any type of deal?

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@Oldjim wrote:

That number would tend to indicate that you are comparing with SSE and, as posted elsewhere, Plusnet won't match that rather silly offer

How is the offer from SSE a "silly offer'? 

I'm tempted to switch to SSE seeing it is only £21 for 18 months whereas for the same package with anytime calls is £42 with Plusnet, a saving of nearly £400 over 18 months.

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
jockwav
Aspiring Pro

They did not offer any kind of deal as they said that has all stopped now,not good business.Funny

SSE was never mentioned by me to COT or on this forum.Smiley

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

They should still offer a retention deal, may be down to the person you speak to.

I was referring to OldJim's post as they had mentioned that SSE's offer was quite 'silly' but I struggle to see how it's silly. Tongue

BT have got a good deal on Fibre at the moment, £12.50 a month with £17.99 line rental for speeds up to 52mb.

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

A question to PN , is this now company policy or just down to the adviser , to not offer customers any type of deal when they are coming to or out of contract ?

regards
Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@ITWorks It shouldn't be as I was offered a retention deal a few weeks ago which I turned down as it meant committing to a rather long 24 month contract.

NE

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Given that SSE for unlimited 80/20 and call anytime is £21 per month which is way cheaper than anybody else - I call that silly - and assuming that the offer is still on when Plusnet raise their prices (gets me out of my contract) I may well jump even though the extra for caller display is £3.50

2016-05-16_123509.jpg

npr
Pro

After my recent move, I now pay £27.99 / month for unlimited 40/10 fibre + line rental + sports TV + caller display.

As a sweetener I got a  £100 pre paid debit card + £195 cash back from a well know cash back site.

So for the 12 months of the contract I pay total cost of £40.88.

That's what I call a silly price Cheesy