cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current wait times for switch to fibre/receiving new router?

LorraineD

Current wait times for switch to fibre/receiving new router?

I wondered if anyone has recently switched from Plusnet regular broadband to fibre, and how long it took to get set up, including receiving the new router?

Mine should have switched over yesterday but hasn't, and I only got notified on Saturday that the router was being sent to me. Anyone know what service/courier Plusnet use for these?

Just a bit anxious as partner and I are (like a lot of people) currently working from home and I thought the upgrade would be a good thing, but starting to worry about delays and disruption to our connection. 

2 REPLIES 2
wilson222
Hooked

Re: Current wait times for switch to fibre/receiving new router?

HI,

i have just done the same. I placed my upgrade order from regular ADSL2+ to Fibre a little over 2 weeks ago. My router arrived yesterday via the postie (royal mail). I plugged it in and the line is still on ADSL (left it the required 15+ mins to pull the config down)... entered my plusnet.dsl username and password and the router connected. Then I noticed the router had the option to switch to Fibre so i tried that but that didnt connect... so i can only assume that my line hasnt been swapped to FTTC yet to minimise disruption. I have no idea when that will happen as i have not received any emails regarding this, only the info on my account via this link... https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband/order-tracker

LorraineD

Re: Current wait times for switch to fibre/receiving new router?

Hi,

Thanks for your message. My new router arrived this morning (with the postie, as you said) and literally four hours later, we had a bit of service outage (ten minutes or so) and then a noticeably faster connection, so I assume that's it done now. I think they cut it really fine with sending out the router, but at least in my case it worked out!

I hope you get your new fibre service soon. I had a missed call from a mobile just before the internet had a brief outage, so I'm thinking it may have been someone either testing the line or trying to let us know. 

Good luck!