Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current line speed

FIXED
scottymc
Grafter

Current line speed

Hi guys
Firstly like to say had a great connection for a long time so not been on here much.
We had a thunderstorm Saturday night seems to have messed my connection up it ok now my router is connected back at 60meg.
Just my current line speed seems to be stuck at 28meg could someone please give it a nudge in the right direction.

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Current line speed

Hi there, 

We're still seeing that the connection is dropping every few hours following Saturday so there could be an underlying fault. 

Diagnostics don't show anything obvious but I'd try the checks here next: https://goo.gl/tu2WWu before reporting a fault over at http://faults.plus.net

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scottymc
Grafter

Hi Adam
Just got home from work .
Took these pictures from the router
My son said he reset the router this morning to try to get the speed to sync higher, everyone was on the net all Day Sunday gaming/streaming nobody recalls any disconnections ... as you can see we are at 59 meg ...just the current line is still 28meg thanks for your help if you still think I need to report a fault let me know I don’t really want to waste anyone’s time if all it is ,is a stuck profile
scottymc
Grafter

Checked the router stats again this morning there hadn’t been any disconnections but current line speed still stuck @ 28meg ...
I will check again tonight .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there.

I've bumped up the speed profile on your account now.

When you've got a chance can you reboot your router and let us know how your speed looks?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scottymc
Grafter

Thank you
I’ll post pictures with in the hour
scottymc
Grafter

Router stats I’m connected @59meg
And speed test tells me I’m inline with my current line speed
Thank you for all your help guys
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Woo-hoo, glad to see that. Cheesy
Feel free to let us know if you need any further help in the future.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scottymc
Grafter

Taking you up on that ..
While the speed has been fine ....the lag and packet loss is unbearable at times .
I have to reset the router once a week which seems to work ... I’ve been connected to the test socket for over a week and have still had the lag and had to reset to clear the issue.
Before the problem with the drop in speed in this thread the connection was rock solid so I’m thinking there could be a problem somewhere on the line .
Please advise on the action I should take ie report a fault or can you guys help out from your end
Thanks scott
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Scott.

Our tests aren't finding any issues. Are you using WiFi or a wired connection?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scottymc
Grafter

All wired except for phones and iPads
But when the lags starts on the consoles and the pc ,the phones and iPads have problems like web pages won’t load and FB and other apps won’t connect even though the WiFi is showing a full connection on all of them.. have to reset the router then it’s ok again for a while ...