Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Line Speed too low

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Current Line Speed too low

Hi.

I haven't had any recent issues with my FTTC/VDSL2 service, and my connection is generally rock solid. I had reason to run a BT Wholesale speed test a few weeks ago, and also checked my Current Line Speed, which was below what I believe it should be compared to the BTW test. I just rechecked it to see if it had caught up, and was disappointed to note that it had not changed.

PN Current Line Speed (Download): 56Mbps

BTW IP Profile for your line is 59.35 Mbps

Stats from my router show the connection has been up for nearly 118 days at time of posting:

B0 Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps) 10695
B0 Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps) 64822
Connection Time 117 Day(s) 19:22:34

Could the PN Current Line Speed please be increased to match the BT IP Profile?

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Current Line Speed too low

@Jaggies  Have you paid Plusnet £5 to get a Static WAN IP address?  If the answer is no then the current line speed will have no effect on your actual throughput speed. The Current Line Speed  is a confusing value that isn't actually a speed at all, but a legacy Plusnet profile that in the past limited throughput speed. It is supposed to track changes in the BT IP profile but sometimes doesn't. Yours is a bit low but it would only affect your speed if you have a Static IP as that uses a different network connection to dynamic IP customers.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Current Line Speed too low

I do have a static IP address - I should have mentioned that in my original post.