cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Line Speed showing as lower than minimum speed on Fiber Extra

manishsav

Current Line Speed showing as lower than minimum speed on Fiber Extra

So I have upgraded to Fiber Extra and just been trying to work out why I have not seen any increase in my speed. 

The stats below do make sense? Can anyone help work out why my "Current Line Speed" is lower than the minimum and much lower than Fiber Extra speeds? 

Estimated Download Range: Not available

Estimated Upload Range: Not available

Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 31.8Mbps

Current Line Speed (Download): 30.6Mbps

Any help or advice is much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Current Line Speed showing as lower than minimum speed on Fiber Extra

Hi @manishav,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see you had a modify order in place, this has now completed so you should start seeing your line increasing in speed. You will find the signal strength may fluctuate over the next couple of weeks as it finds the optimum strength for your connection. If you have any issues, troubleshooting the connection first may resolve these. You can find some useful steps here:

A live chat service is available at the bottom of the same page for any technical questions.

I trust this is of help, however please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks - LF

manishsav

Hi @LordFoul 

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my message, 

I was concerned that the "Current Line Speed" should be a higher number, however from your reply am I correct in assuming this number is something that will fluctuate and change over the next week or so? 

I'm concerned that the contact period is 24months and If I'm not seeing an improvement in speed I'm going to be stuck paying for a service I don't get? 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ manishav,

Thanks for coming back to me.

It is normal for the line speed to initially fluctuate as there is a period of self- testing to check the line integrity and set the optimal speed. This can take up to 10 days although the likelihood is you'll see your optimal speed sooner. If at any stage you don't get the minimum guaranteed speed then you can come back to us to investigate. You can see our complaints process here.

Thanks - LF