Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Line Speed not updated following resynch

FIXED
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Current Line Speed not updated following resynch

I had a resynch 8½ hours ago, and as a result my SNR margin has dropped to 3.2 dB and my downstream rate has increased, almost back to the level I got when first switching to FTTC.

However, my Current Line Speed has not followed this, being at 56.2 Mb, where the BT Performance Tester shows my IP Profile at 61.75 Mbps.

I know it can take a while for the change to take place, but over 8 hours? Can this be rectified, please?

12 REPLIES 12
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Current Line Speed not updated following resynch

Jaggies wrote:

I know it can take a while for the change to take place, but over 8 hours? Can this be rectified, please?

Manually changing yours now, sure, they can do that.

Improving the system so things always change faster for everyone, I don't think so.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

From previous experience I don't think this will change; I think the Delta Reports only come in 3 times a day at the weekend, so by the time a member of staff sees this it may have increased by itself.

Time will tell...

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Online chat staff can change the plusnet profile just tell them it's much lower than the BT IP profile and they will increase it for you,  I have done this whenever mine has changed and it hasn't automatically adjusted or the Forum staff haven't been around to do it. 

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I wonder if you are in one of the trial areas for the 3dB profile or perhaps it is starting to be rolled out on a wider scale.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Things certainly look that way.

I've had a few resynchs in the last few weeks, one last week which reduced downstream interleaving from 8 to 4. Each has shown a modest increase in speed and lowering of the SNR. This one has been the biggest jump - from about 56 Mbps to over 67 Mbps, but the interleaving level has gone back to 8. Mainly it has been in the region of 53 Mbps for ages now, but when I first got FTTC it was at around 69 Mbps.

According to the installer I was the first in my cabinet to be connected, I put the gradual slowdown down to cross-talk. I'll check the Current Line Speed again tomorrow, but it's still unchanged thus far tonight.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Current line speed hasn't updated yet - still 56.2 Mb.

"IP Profile for your line is - 61.75 Mbps"...

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Still no update on my Current Line Speed after 2 days 10 hours plus. Ticked_off

Currently 29th in chat queue...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

@Jaggies - I've just updated your speed profile on your account to 61600 kbps. If you try a reboot of your router, you should pick up a slightly increased throughput.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

@Anoush

Thanks. I got through on the chat after about 30 minutes and asked for it to be updated but as you say it was already done. I'm not keen to reboot my router in the hours of darkness - I'll do it in daylight hours, so probably not before the weekend.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems.

If you're worried about your sync rate after a reboot, you could try just a single disconnect/reconnect of the PPP session in your router interface.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

@Anoush

I'm already seeing an improvement in the downstream peak speed, according to TBB.

148832171717273271846-mini

Thinking about it, I already had the higher downstream rate, it was just the Current Line Speed holding me back...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fantastic news, glad to hear you've a bit of a speed boost.