Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosstalk Interference

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Crosstalk Interference

Looking at FTTC VDSL2, it seems that we are all suffering or likely to suffer from crosstalk. The vectoring solution, if that's what's chosen, seems unlikely to be rolled out anytime soon, in the meantime, is it safe to assume that once take-up is satisfied, the problem will not get worse?
I've dropped from over 50Mbps to 35Mbps in the last month or so, will that be it, of will I continue to slow down? Are there any settings on an Asus DSL-68U that would help with crosstalk, or speed improvement?
I note that the underlying connection speed (what is possible, in theory?) is 62mbps Down and 18.8Mbps Up today, which is the highest for some time, but Actual speed (at the socket, not the PC) is 35Mbps Down, whilst Up increased at the weekend to 15Mbps from 12Mbps. I'm assuming that the difference is mainly crosstalk, if not all?
Connected at 35Mbps isn't really too bad, if there was no way of measuring speed, I think I'd be very happy, but there is, and I'm not as happy as I could or should be. I find it annoying that there are reliable alternatives such as FTTP, and also technologies to negate the effects of crosstalk, but that neither are available just now. Not even offered as a more expensive package (yet?). From the number of engineer visits that I've had since getting FTTC, I'm not sure that I'm actually generating a profit for BTW, and therefore reliable alternatives may well be a better way in the future for PlusNet/BTW, as well as me?