Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossed line i have someone talktalk services on my line

FIXED
shrubbfamily
Grafter

Crossed line i have someone talktalk services on my line

Hello members 

This is a strange one I switched over to plusnet from BT on Friday 25th May my plusnet services was all working perfectly by 9am including fibre broadband then around 2pm I noticed my services stopped working no dial tone after 20 minutes dial tone was back on my phone but fibre broadband wasn't working, I done my normal checks calling my mobile from my home phone I discovered number that was displaying on my iphone wasn't my landline number I called 150 from my landline says hello welcome to talktalk I have no idea what has happened I have never been a talktalk customer or signed up to talktalk 

5 REPLIES 5
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Crossed line i have someone talktalk services on my line

Fix
This is called a jumpering fault. As your service came across fine it'll likely be the engineer who installed the talk talk service for someone else who got the cables mixed up-probably at the cabinet. You have the other persons service and they have yours. The broadband won't work because you're router is trying to log to pnet down a talk talk line.

Either side can pick it up-you'll need a phone engineer. Probably easier to get from your side though-if the other customer is a new customer they may not be aware yet, plus however much people slate pnet for the phone times at least you'll be able to just get straight to the point with it. Last person I spoke to on talk talk with a problem lost their mind with the language barrier and unnecessary testing (They had them doing test socket tests for a visible busted router!) Plus best to make pnet aware anyway as any calls the other person makes would go on your bill.
shrubbfamily
Grafter

Openreach turned up this morning at 8am was a crossline fault has now been resolved my landline and fibre are all back to normal.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I'm glad to hear it's now resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shrubbfamily
Grafter

Hello Matthew,

Yes all sorted for now I was without service since Friday 25th will I be offered any credits for loose of service

Thanks 

Paul 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We'll get that organised for you shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team