Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone check my line please?

bpascua
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Could someone check my line please?

Hi Guys.

I am getting really poor speeds at the moment. Could someone check all is well with my service please?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Brucie-Magik
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Could someone check my line please?

Yeah same problem here.

I have had a constant 55 to 65 download and then wallop. I down to less than 20 now. what the hell is going on?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Could someone check my line please?

Hi @bpascua I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I've tested your line and the tests are showing no issues with the broadband signal going into your router that's getting a stable speed of 40mbps.

Could you confirm if your devices are connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and I'd recommend trying the steps Here to change the wireless channels within your router's settings.

I'd also recommend carrying out the steps in the post Here to split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies.

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, to investigate further please connect your computer/laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run the BT Speedtester service at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

You must ensure that you have no other programs running at the same time such as streaming, general browsing and the most common one is antivirus programs downloading updates in the background.

Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics then type your phone number in and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the BT server for investigation.

Once you have completed this, please report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net posting back once you've completed it and we'll make sure the fault ticket is picked up and passed on for investigation as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on.

@Brucie-Magik I'll respond to your own thread shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet