Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could i please request my Line Stats

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Re: Could i please request my Line Stats

Thanks for posting the stats Andy.
Interesting that interleaving is on (set to low). I wonder what would cause that.
I have turned the modem off maybe twice in the last 2 weeks, to fit a higher quality patch cable from the VDSL extension socket to the router. I wouldn't think that would cause a problem (although the sync rate has dropped each time I re-powered the modem - started at 50Mbps, now at 39 Mbps).
I think rather than buy an unlocked modem, I would probably just be better investing in a combined modem/router that has some stats available. It is very frustrating not having access to good stats as I would like to try and ensure I have at least done everything at my end to get the fastest connection possible.
I know I will ultimately be at the mercy of what lies before my master socket, but without good stats, it is hard to tell if changes I make on my side are having a positive effect.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I've had fibre for 3 weeks now and would like to see my stats if possible please.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Meant to ask - does anyone know what an 'Ingress Code Violation" is?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@ Webif - I been asked PN many times since 2007 or 2008. Nothing will ever change! They always saying will look into this. Blah blah etc. AAISP are very expensive ISP can't afford to go there.
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: jafreer
Interesting that interleaving is on (set to low). I wonder what would cause that.

Too many errors in a 24 hour period, so DLM has intervened. In the name of improving quality & reducing errors, it sacrifices some of your line speed and latency.
the sync rate has dropped each time I re-powered the modem - started at 50Mbps, now at 39 Mbps

With a low level of interleaving, DLM has probably used between 10 and 20% of your line speed for error correction purposes.
I would like to try and ensure I have at least done everything at my end to get the fastest connection possible.
I know I will ultimately be at the mercy of what lies before my master socket, but without good stats, it is hard to tell if changes I make on my side are having a positive effect.

True, but the biggest impact to line speeds, with FTTC, is from crosstalk caused by other subscribers. As take-up increases, speeds go down.
Are you still above your estimated speed? Or the speed given by the BTW checker here? If not, it might be worth raising a fault.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks WWWombat - very useful information.
Attached is my BT line estimate.
For download, I am about halfway between the low and high 'impacted' range. (I am currently at 39.62 Mbps IP profile as reported by BT speedtester).
For upload, I am at the low figure of the impacted range. (I am at 8 Mbps).