cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could i please request my Line Stats

davenos
Rising Star

Could i please request my Line Stats

I would just like to see what im set at now that the 10 days is up and check my attenuation figure is correct(if that's possible).
Thanks in advance.
20 REPLIES 20
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Could i please request my Line Stats

Hi there
I've included your stats below
Everything looks okay from what I can see.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
davenos
Rising Star

Thank you very much.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Hi Matthew,
I have been on fibre for a couple of weeks and would be really keen to see the same information for my connection that you posted for davenos.
I have installed a cat5 RJ11 to RJ11 cable from the extension socket to the BT modem (in place of the provided flat cable).
The only other change I am going to make is to change the MK3 socket that the installer put at the VDSL extension. I will change it for a simple RJ11 faceplate socket, thereby removing the extra filter in the MK3 socket.
I can't get any stats from the BT modem but using the BT speedtest, I notice I have gone from an IP profile of 50.3 Mbps on the day of install to a current IP profile of 43.25 Mbps. Not sure why it has dropped (crosstalk perhaps).
Either way, I would be really grateful for the stats. It will give me something to compare against when I change the VDSL extension socket to a simple RJ11 box.
Thanks in advance.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I know it a really pain that Openreach Modem is locked as no one will be able to see the full stats. The only way to get full stats is to buy your own VDSL Modem Router such as Billion, Asus, TP Link etc. Or get unlocked HG612 from ebay.
leader
Grafter

You can get the stats out of  both openreach modems  ECI & HG612 .
Although BT's network is that well managed & fault free having access to line stats is almost pointless ...... Wink
Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: goldenfibre
I know it a really pain that Openreach Modem is locked as no one will be able to see the full stats. The only way to get full stats is to buy your own VDSL Modem Router such as Billion, Asus, TP Link etc. Or get unlocked HG612 from ebay.

The HG612 is very easy to unlock simply by reflashing it; just search for instructions and Howlingwolf's firmware.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I have the ECI modem which seems to be a bit more involved to unlock. Plus only having just got FTTC, I don't wan't to go messing anything up prematurely (I don't have any other solution for a modem right now).
Matthew - as per previous post, can you post my stats when you get a chance - that would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@ Matthew is it possible to run FTTC test via member account?
AndyT
Grafter

Quote from: jafreer
Hi Matthew,
I have been on fibre for a couple of weeks and would be really keen to see the same information for my connection that you posted for davenos.

@jafreer - I've attached a copy of your line stats, hope this helps.
@goldenfibre - apologies if I'm missing the obvious, but I'm not quite sure what you mean  Embarrassed  If you're asking whether the above tests can be run via the Member Centre, the answer would be no.
leader
Grafter

Always use a spare eci/r or hg612 if planning to play around unlocking.....
You wouldn't want to give openreach an easy option to bill £££ for no standard cpe on any future visits.
@Max
No chance on PN
However......:))

You can run as many FTTC checks  as you want on aaisp Clueless's  
{KBD -ETE ect ect  & the profile rate is always shown in big bold numbers at the top of the log in page }
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

leader
Grafter

You have these nice big buttons to press on your clueless control page   Wink
http://wiki.aa.org.uk/Line_Diagnostics
You clearly take the connection seriously like myself , so when your pn time is up take a close look or hang out in their  iirc you even see AndyH pop in now & again shhhh :))
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Interesting. I think PN member account is pretty boring! All dull and outdated too long! I do think Plusnet should add Sync Status & End to End Tests on the member account for all BT lines customers! See below screenshot as I do like this one!
leader
Grafter

Don't for get to ask for line lns profiles to be set upto  110%  Wink
Some more buttons:
http://wiki.aa.org.uk/Line_Options_and_Line_Settings
Doubt pn will ever the change the arbor pages its been asked every year since I can remember....  but no harm in trying