cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost to leave plusnet

Jbear1234
Hooked

Cost to leave plusnet

Hi, can someone let me know the termination fee to leave plusnet? Our lines drops out all the time - I think it's the old router we have. The max speed offered is no longer fast enough either.
12 REPLIES 12
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Cost to leave plusnet

You need to rule out a fault on your landline.
Do you hear any noise or have any prolems whilst you try to use it?

Jbear1234
Hooked

No noise, I've had problems in the past with the connection and plusnet run their tests and correct it. I get a much more consistent connection from an extension router (but slower) than the plusnet one, so i think the router is the problem as it is years old. I'd like to just leave and go somewhere with faster speeds and a new router.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If there is a speed issue, be assured its is not the ISP's fault ... it will most certainly be related to the phone line.  You can change ISP but you cannot change the phone line.  A more pragmatic approach is to engage with Plusnet's problem resolution process.  You have not indicated if that has been tried.

Physics is physics - whilst you state that you want faster speeds, you do not provide any objective information about the performance of your current service.  You have posted on the ADSL board, so if one assumes that you are indeed on ADSL, it could well be that your circuit is already doing the best that ADSL technology can deliver ... and if you really NEED more speed you will have to look at FTTC if it is available to you.  The following will help you examine the situation.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

What are the expectations for your line?

Please use the following links to check the services available and their estimated speeds. From the first link, please record and report back the distance from the exchange. The second link advises of which fibre services (if any) are available on your line and their anticipated speed.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics, download the .PDF report and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Check the Plusnet user portal for the "Current Line Speed" which is relevant to users with static IP addresses.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Jbear1234,

I'm sorry to see that you're thinking of leaving. I've had a look over the account today and upon testing the line, I haven't been able to locate any underlying faults with the service. Quite the opposite in fact, as I can see that your line is currently achieving a downstream sync speed of 76.3Mbps and no drops in the last month. I noticed that you said you're getting a more consistent connection with an "extension router" - please could you just clarify what you mean by this? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

With a sync speed as reported, this is fibre not ADSL.

That sync speed is pretty darned good for FTTC. So you need to offer more insight to what you perceive to be the problem. With the sync speed reported changing ISP is not going to change (improve) speeds in the slightest.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jbear1234
Hooked

Hi Alex,

I have a tplink extension unit for upstairs in my house, my devices work more consistently connecting to this than they do to the plusnet router. When connecting to the plusnet router, things often stall and don't connect/load straight away.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Which Plusnet router?  Hub Zero or Hub One?

Jbear1234
Hooked

Hello, hub one
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

What’s the firmware version.

Jbear1234
Hooked

Hi,

Can somebody from plusnet send me the cost to leave please. More 3mb internet tonight, having to reset router to bring it back to speed. Do not have time for constant trouble shooting
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Jbear1234 and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues. I've tested your line tonight and like Alex has suggested, the tests aren't showing any issues with the broadband signal going into your router.

Can you private message me the serial number of your router, so I can make sure you're on the latest firmware version? I'm just asking, because your Hub One's not showing on your account, so it won't receive updates automatically via our hardware management platform and we're aware of some Wi-Fi issues with a previous firmware.

I've also e-mailed you to confirm your current early termination charge, however feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help resolve the issues you're experiencing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet