Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract length alteration during 14 day cooling off period

FIXED
alexstrum
Fixes: 1

Contract length alteration during 14 day cooling off period

I have been trying to alter they length of my contract to a 12 month contract instead of a 18 month contract. The first person I rang two days ago said that it was fine to do this (but would increase the monthly payments from 27.98 to 29.98) but I got no confirmation email that this had been changed. The second person I rang today said that he would put in a note to change it to a 12 month contract after the contract begins at the new house (this is all due to a house move). However, I still have not received a confirmation email that this will occur and I do not want to be tricked into an 18 month contract as I will have no rights once the 14 days are up. 

Please can you confirm that I can change my contract from an 18 month contract to a 12 month contract. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
alexstrum

Re: Contract length alteration during 14 day cooling off period

Fix

I have received the confirmation email now, thank you to anyone who helped behind the scenes!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @alexstrum, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forums.

I can confirm your request looks to have been actioned for you however we would need to wait for the initial contract to go into place before this can be adjusted to the 12 months from the 18 it is currently. There is currently a ticket on your account set to follow that action which can be seen here.
You're right in questioning however as you should have received a breakdown of the newly arranged contract so I've requested the advisor you spoke to this morning email that out to you that should be over shortly.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

I'm glad to hear you've received it @alexstrum. If there's anything further we can help you with then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

alexstrum

Thank you for your help!