cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract / Cooling Off and line speeds.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Contract / Cooling Off and line speeds.

@squirrelband 

I see that the BT tests from their end is reporting 63Mbps. This has triggered another fhought. In the pasr, I don't know if it's still the case, the BTw speedtester did not give accurate results with some web browsers. Firefox certainly gave incorrect results. Internet Explorer and Edge worked fine. Depending on which you are using it might be worth trying a different browser just in case this is your problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It would also be worth looking at and quoting your synch and max attainable speeds - you will need to go to the advance and ideally the Helpdesk tab of the router.

Whilst you say the master socket is fine, it could be that there are additional extensions or wiring connected to it that have slowed your speeds. Some time ago, Openreach stopped fitting filtered master sockets to new FTTC customers, so now there are often poor speeds until a fault is raised and a filtered socket fitted.

squirrelband
Dabbler

Just an update. Line speed increasing. Up not so much but the download is looking promising.

For those joining the thread having missed the previous two pages I activated on 29th April 2019 for fibre unlimited with initial speed of around 34.6 now on day 3 I have the speed below. Who know by day 10 the upload may have improved as well. 

Connection Information

Line state: Connected
Downstream: 57.99 Mbps
Upstream: 7.59 Mbps
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad to see that your download speeds have increased. Having said that, our tests are now showing a fault on the line and your connection is dropping quite heavily. Based on that I think we'd ought to arrange an engineer visit to further investigate this as this isn't something which the dynamic line management(DLM) software can fix by the stabilisation period.

Let us know over here once you've raised the fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get this picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
squirrelband
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf 

http://faults.plus.net 

I just went through the stock questions and had the following message. Any idea what happens now? In terms of the procedure.

Thanks, you've given us all the information we need to investigate your problem

A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team with these details. We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.

In the meantime, we'll run some more tests on your telephone line.

You can help us by:

1. Leaving your equipment plugged in and switched on.
  2. Making sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on. If you've given us a mobile number we'll text you to keep you updated.

Please contact us if you need to provide a different contact number, or if there's any change to the problem you're having

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for raising the fault.

A faults trained adviser should be contacting you within 3 working days however I've picked this up sooner instead adding a reply to the ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=188907964
Feel free to let us know over here once you've responded and we'll be happy to pick this up again as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
squirrelband
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf
I have replied to the ticket and consented to the message terms.
--------------------------
Deciphering exactly what the chart means s tricky but then that's your department Smiley Unless of course the small legend means the sessions are intermittently dropping?.

image15541514918708.png

I guess this is the problem with having an old legacy copper networks interfacing with new fibre technology. No doubt given the routes / climatic conditions and IP integrity any number of reasons could cause problems between the property and the fibre box.

The GEA test details shows some spurious results. Maybe there is a problem between the property and the fibre box. We shall see. I will await a call from your fault team.

Once again thanks for escalating the enquiry.

Information in this post is for new readers with similar issues and techies who are interested as I know there are here. Maybe this post can help someone. It covers a lot of ground from my initial post.

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1625
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 58.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.6 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Target Fix Time  
Fault Report Advised Y
Estimated Line Length In Metres 472.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-03-29T09:15:00

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @squirrelband,

Thanks for getting back to us. I've updated the faults ticket on your account further and sent an email confirming this information as well. If you have any queries about this then please let us know and we'll be happy to answer them for you.

For clarification, the chart with the blue bars that you posted is an internal tool called Visual RADIUS, which basically visualizes the broadband connection's stability. The red lines signify the connection has dropped out and the green lines signify the connection has come back online, so with the one you've posted, it's showing us that the connection is intermittently losing connection and coming back online pretty much straight away.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team