cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continually Dropping Connection- Plus net "Hub One" Router

sandrataylor51
Grafter

Re: Continually Dropping Connection- Plus net "Hub One" Router

Thanks again, as there is nothing after the 22nd of March when I swapped over to the new router it must have stayed connected. Hopefully for the first time since I moved to fibre I have got a stable connection.

It has been much better since I moved to PlusNet about 2 years back but when I was with BT it could drop as often as 5 times in 20 minutes and after a few visits from Openreach who could not find any faults, they said they did not guarantee a constant connection and that I should expect the line to drop as often as it did. Sad

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

The new router would not know any connection data that came before it was first used.

This hub page will show the total time the connection has been live, so working out the days,hours,mins, would show you could work it out that way.

Having said that, this other page will show the total DSL uptime. Both of these would be the same, but a drop in the DSL will obviously show a shorter time than that given on the top link.

(the latter link gives you your current download and upload values)

Regarding the erratic nature of your connection with BT and OR visits = ditto.Knuppel

edit to remove would and show

sandrataylor51
Grafter

Those last two pages where the ones I wanted, I can't understand how I missed those Embarrassed

Thanks again Smiley

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

No problem Smiley

Glad to hear I help you find them Smiley

Gail
Dabbler

Mine is the same - every night at least once about 9pm I lose connection - sometimes it's several times in the evening and I'm getting sick of it - I'm going to find another provider once my contact is up!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that Gail.

Your router does seem to lose connection for the past few nights.

Testing your line isn't identifying any issues

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 72.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 11.9 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass

Do you have anything on a timer (for example, a boiler) or electrical that sits near your router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gail
Dabbler

No - the only thing near the router is the telephone and the zgemma box which we'd switched off when we had problems before and it was still losing connection, and when I complained about it last time it seemed to work fine for a couple of weeks, but now it's doing it again.  Would getting a different router make a difference? Maybe the plusnet router just isn't up to the job?

Gail
Dabbler

which router are you using?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

There are more drops than what I'd like to see over the past few days.

I'd recommend going through the troubleshooting here and here and if the drops continue then please report the fault to us here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davejeffery2

i am having the same issue with new hub regularly dropping connection. Stability of connection is extremely important as i log in to my office with VPN and use our online systems to compile complex reports which I may lose if the signal drops during a particular step in our process. Just called Plusnet and 30 mins queue. The connection has just re-engaged.

Loz1

We are having exactly the same problems. And from the number of different threads on here and elsewhere its a common problem that Plusnet does not want to address.

We first took the service a few months ago and everything was fine. The Hub one router set up easily and speeds were good. Three weeks ago broadband started dropping out, seemingly at peak times - evenings etc. Sometimes dropping every 20 mins, it resets and re-connects in about 5 mins. Last Sunday night the service was unusable as it dropped every 10 minutes. Speeds also decreased markedly.We have done everything recommended to fix it, using the test port on the BT socket, replacing filters twice! replacing leads. After turning every device in the house off and monitoring the light on the router we also had dropouts! 

It seems to me that Plusnet does not have the capacity to serve its userbase and at peak times it simply cuts users off! 

philbot

All this replacing filters and cables is nonsense that PlusNet make you go through in the hope of you blaming yourself. It's shameful what they are doing, but they don't want to admit to any failings on their part. Which fibre package are you on? I had the problems with the 40/10 package when under load. That is, whenever I was uploading or downloading anything but a trickle of data. This made the service "UNFIT FOR PURPOSE", which is a powerful term to use against them. I used these three magical words to get a free upgrade to the 80/40 package, and the problem went away. I suggest anyone on the 40/10 package suffering these issues do the same. Obviously I don't know if you are having the same problem as I was, and I have no idea how the contention in your area compares to mine. Regardless, the service as it is is UNFIT FOR PURPOSE. PlusNet need to get it sorted ASAP and they shouldn't be charging you for periods where the service is not working
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@davejeffery2 Apologies for the delayed response. Are you still seeing issues?

@Loz1 If you can PM me your username I'd be happy to look into this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team