cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual intermittent dropped packets

nbk
Grafter

Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

yeah mine went completely bye bye for a while today unable to get back on, i was on psb-bng01 too at the time

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I ended up on this when that outage occurred

outage.PNG

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet
davenos
Rising Star

While the packet loss seems to have stopped im still getting ping spike that kick in shortly after 4pm, pingplotter is measuring spikes of upto 600ms to plus.net with Twitter being 900ms and the BBC being 600ms.

Speedtest is reporting only 19mbps download(33mbps before 4pm), the BT speedtest is showing as 21.37mbps, i cannot run the further diagnostics as i get this error(and this has been the case since the packet loss returned).

FAQ

null

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

@Browni wrote:

I ended up on this when that outage occurred

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet

The page you screenshotted is the BT wholesale pages, usually get when you try to log on and BTW cant send you to the right service provider, so at that time you are "off" the Internet, I believe they keep you there a few minutes, kick you and see if you can connect automatically back, so for a period of time ping graphs will be down not because of packet loss, just because you werent on the internet to ping. 

no idea why it happened though,

shylok
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The only time i noticed any significant packet loss was for a short while on Nov 23rd (weds) (Gateway pcn-ir01) which didn't return

Capture.JPG

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Mine seems to be OK since they fixed the Colindale centre:

My Broadband Ping - PlusnetMonitor
Let's be careful out there !
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

My Broadband Ping - Nick's Fixed I/P PlusnetThanks for the information Bob Pullen, I now know how to insert the graph.SmileyThumbs_Up

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Well done on adding graph, looks good !
godsell4
Rising Star

Not too good again today from 10AM, and from 8PM my SNR has taken a dive down to 3dB which might lead to poor latency too.

e7861b9ad723b40d474c4f601c83b5ee-29-11-2016

--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@godsell4

Thanks for getting back to us on this.  I've had a quick scan of your circuit and would suggest to raise a fault.  It looks like the reduced SNR is causing High Retransmission and could be a cause of the packet loss due to an increased number of Errored Seconds and Severe Errored Seconds on your line.

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

now also on the new network, was moved on 23rd Nov at 7.55am with a jump in latency and change in routing.  Since then also getting spotty speeds and constant loss at times on this so called improved network.  Attached is today's current offering of gruel from PN, can I get some more?

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
godsell4
Rising Star

@scrookes have reset the line twice this morning, so SNR is back to 6dB levels, still getting packet drops. My laptop is in the process of backing up +100GB of data to some cloud service my IT folk have installed, which explains all the blue on the TBB graph. At 1Mb upload that will take a while.

--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@Gus

We're looking into the issue you've reported now. Thanks for letting us know.

168bill
Grafter

Well, just in case it looks like I only post negatively, I feel I should provide some positive feedback too.

I was bounced onto pcn-bng02 at Colindale on Monday afternoon and am pleased to report that I have had no issues up to this point and if anything things are still improving. So thanks PN for resolving the previous horror show. Hope it lasts Smiley

My Broadband Ping - MyPlusnetFiberConnection

sebjo
Grafter

quite funny how they are fast to " disrupt your service" when you are 1 day late to pay , but no apologies or compensation for the last 3 months or so or connection drop , massive speed loss and massive packet loss , tonight i have crazy lags , up to 27% packet loss , bet they won't be as fast to fix that than to disrupt for late payment , getting tired of this , watchdog here i come