Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

anyone else seeing this overnight?

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet static

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Can't see anything similar here, and my monitor's not showing me anything to be concerned about. I'm not on the same gateway as you though (you're on pcl-bng01):

My Broadband Ping - Halfway - Staff

Edit: Possibly not related, but the amount of data you were uploading increased during the time of the increased latency:

Hour Upload (MB)
0 78.7961
1 103.1944
2 140.6407
3 148.9969
4 150.0851
5 172.7294
6 187.4473
7 110.2338
8 19.9300
9 9.0700
10 1.7350

Save

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JonnyFu
Grafter

Shevek here is my line currently on Colindale

My Broadband Ping - Us 5

JonnyFu
Grafter

Shevek just a thought, you don't have any downloads/torrents  running overnight?

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@shevek wrote:

anyone else seeing this overnight?

No problems on PCL-BNG01 for me last night

F573ec7082f446a4acc199b024452169-25-11-2016

168bill
Grafter

I've been good too, such a pleasant change of late.

I'm on psb-bng01:

My Broadband Ping - MyPlusnetFiberConnection

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

How do I share my graph? I can see the "share" option below the graph but how do I get it onto here? My apologies for appearing stupid...........maybe I am but I do enjoy drawing my OAP!!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Paste the code from this bit into the HTML tab of the forum reply composition window:

tbb.JPG

Save

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

shevek
Grafter

@bobpullen wrote:

Edit: Possibly not related, but the amount of data you were uploading increased during the time of the increased latency:

Save

Hmm, that is odd. That would tie up as I am on the 2Mb upload so if something was uploading it would max out and cause an issue like that - at least that's what I have noticed before. 

However, I have no idea what was uploading! I don't run any P2P, I have the "share windows updates" setting in Win 10 switched off.

I do automatically back up all my photos to Amazon Glacier via Cloudberry and if there's a lot to upload that always kills my connection but I haven't done that for a couple of weeks and checking in the logs there definitely wasn't anything yesterday

Maybe something on the Xbox? That's the only thing I can think of.

shevek
Grafter

@JonnyFu wrote:

Shevek just a thought, you don't have any downloads/torrents  running overnight?

Nope, I don't do any torrent any more. Haven't for years

kendo79
Dabbler

Seems much better recently, hope it continues for longer than a month now Tongue

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Looking at the stats it appears that only about a fifth of users are still on the old network and it may be much lower than that depending on how many are on fixed IPs and hence may appear as still being on the old network. It looks like none have been moved to the new network in the last week or so, maybe deferred because of the issues discussed in this topic or perhaps they are getting to the end. Also I'm not sure what's happening with users on 20CN exchanges who come in via a different route (IPSC).

If not many users are still to be moved across another occurrence of this issue is less likely.

It's episodes like this that contributed to my decision to leave Plusnet - see https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Why-I-have-left-Plusnet/td-p/1389353

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TheHorseman
Rising Star

@jelv, Indeed, the way that Plusnet have handled the packet loss issue is one of the major reasons that I have also decided to leave after just over two years with them. Today is my last full day with Plusnet as my migration is due to complete tomorrow.

Your 'Why I have left Plusnet' post sums up Plusnet's current problems very well, it is something that their management should take notice of (but probably won't).

colni
Dabbler

Havent posted in a while, just been sitting back, watching and waiting.

While my packet loss is a lot lower now (thank you plusnet ) i did however notice last night that things where starting to go in the wrong direction again, its pretty easy to notice when your online gaming , also for some reason a server in germany has a lower ping that a server in london.

On average my ping was up by 10ms but also a small increase in packet loss.

168bill
Grafter

Mmmmmm.......just noticed that there were some nasties again this afternoon, that do appear to have passed, think my connection was totally reset and notice that I have been bounced off psb-bng01 and back onto pcn-bng02 at Colindale again, so will keep an eye on how things go.

My Broadband Ping - MyPlusnetFiberConnection