cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual intermittent dropped packets

KJR
Dabbler

Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

Just spoke to Plusnet and my gateway swaps were cause by them doing some testing.

A fix has been applied to Colindale gateway and pack loss has gone, famous last word!!

Anybody else still seeing pack loss on Colindale?

shevek
Grafter

@rongtw wrote:

I may be just clutching at straws here , But is the packet loss only with the PN router ?Huh

No, I was getting it on my TP-Link Archer VR900

kendo79
Dabbler

I have packet loss, and I have a asus router so it's not just plusnet routers. Though they have many issues of their own and you should get away from them as fast as you can regardless

168bill
Grafter

@rongtw

"I may be just clutching at straws here , But is the packet loss only with the PN router ?Huh

I ask because i am on Colindale and only have minimal loss But i have a ASUS DSLAC68U  not the PN supplied one ,

or is it just coincidence ?"

Just coincidence, I also have an ASUS DSL-AC68U and have been experiencing heavy packet loss when connected through Colindale gateways.

KJR
Dabbler

I have a Netgear router which is connected to Colindale and was seeing packet loss until earlier this evening.

The Colindale packet loss is  / was due to a network issue and not a specific type of router!! 

JonnyFu
Grafter

@rongtw I'm not using the Plusnet router and I'm getting 20% packet loss, its Plusnets network that can't cope with the volume of traffic. It happened in September when I was moved over to the new network and according to some other posts they have recently moved a large number of customers over and again it can't cope.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I'm on the Colindale server and my packet loss disappeared at 18:00

Fingers crossed.

Let's be careful out there !
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@KJR wrote:

Looks line a change has been made at 16.48 on Colindale and I have just been switched to City Lifeline House gateway?

Anybody else seen the change?

Packet loss gone !!!!

Yeah, as you've since discovered, that was us bouncing your connection. We spotted something awry with pcn-bng02 earlier whilst investigating and a network change was made that we think has cleared the loss on that device. We've moved focus onto pcn-bng01 now.

@davenos wrote:

Im on the southbank gateway and no matter what i do i cannot get off it, pingplotter is telling me that i only have packet loss at the hyper04.sheff hop(98%) and im getting ping spikes into the 900ms range(pinging plus.net).

The router at hyper04 rate limits ICMP traffic. The fact you're seeing loss there is not indicative of a problem (that's not to say there isn't one though). As you have a dynamic IP, your routing is likely to be fixed to Southbank based on your geographical location.

@JonnyFu wrote:

@rongtw I'm not using the Plusnet router and I'm getting 20% packet loss, its Plusnets network that can't cope with the volume of traffic.

There's no indication that this has anything to do with traffic volumes this time round.

In addition to the work that's been done today, further changes are being made/have been this evening. These changes aren't specifically intended to address the packet loss, however there's a possibility it will help.

Be interested to know what peoples experience is like as the evening progresses.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JonnyFu
Grafter

Stopped for me too on Colindale. Cheesy

My Broadband Ping - Us 5
JonnyFu
Grafter

@bobpullen Thanks for the update and hopefully fixing the issue.

silkysean
Grafter

On Colindale and for the first time this month, I can play CS:Go without lag. But I'm not getting excited yet!

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Looking good for me too! Heres hoping....!

godsell4
Rising Star

this is what happened to my line yesterday

6cc161c42969188d9be4632593621129-23-11-2016 

--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
KJR
Dabbler

Vast improvement overnight

848e8da26114275a3e5a6b29c256510a

Maxam
Grafter

Things are much better tonight, fingers crossed it stays that way.