Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual intermittent dropped packets

JamesDaGames
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

The internet appears to of gotten slightly better compared to yesterday but we rung up support anyway to let them know about it and gave the usual "we are aware of the problem". While on the phone though and what I found rather surprising, is after mentioning that we are still using a 582n, they immediately sent out a hub one to us and should hopefully arrive in the next few days without charging us for it. Maybe it will solve the issues, we have around the house with packet loss and signal strength (there may also be a fault with our 582n, but not 100% sure) and maybe a miracle will happen and solve the issue once and for all.

AceInThePlace

Seems better today, and packet loss is down (though not gone), however ping is spiking intermittently instead now. My problem or anyone else?

Element
Dabbler

Still have 20% packet loss according to my tbb monitor, completely unusable for anything except browsing websites, forget gaming or streaming or watching videos.

My fault was replied to which was completely useless, don't recommend anyone else bothering to send a fault about it because the support is clueless, despite me specifically stating that there's no problem with speed or disconnections but problems with packet loss, including sending a link to this topic, they run a test and apparently everything is fine and dandy because the speed is fine and connection is "stable", seemingly ignoring when I said about packet loss and linking them to this topic.

Have replied to my fault ticket requesting a release from my contract without fees as I'm paying for a service that isn't being provided properly right now.

davenos
Rising Star

@AceInThePlace Its not just you mine is the same, im expecting the packet loss and slow throughput to kick in in around 55 minutes.

Tabasco

It is already here, horrible to game on.

Nalwoir
Dabbler

I saw another thread where someone was asking for details in a PM so that we can all band together and form a class action lawsuit. Is there any way we can all form a collective and all request to be let go without cancellation charges? They wont listen to individual voices too much, but if we all band together we will be harder to ignore.

kendo79
Dabbler

I'm not getting any packet loss but I'm getting spikes in latency still, not as severe  as the last couple of weeks though, Still very annoying and not at perfect yet.

The real test will be at peak time. Sure it will kick in again tonight - let's  hope  i am wrong!

armageus
Grafter

I'm not wanting to leave - I have had 2 years of flawless service with Plusnet, other suppliers in my experience have been just as bad. Just a reply to acknowledge the issues and an expected timeframe would be a good start.

nbk
Grafter

@Nalwoir wrote:

I saw another thread where someone was asking for details in a PM so that we can all band together and form a class action lawsuit. Is there any way we can all form a collective and all request to be let go without cancellation charges? They wont listen to individual voices too much, but if we all band together we will be harder to ignore.

This talk of class action lawsuits makes me wonder if we've somehow ended up in the US? I don't think it works the same in this country, just saying Smiley

TheHorseman
Rising Star

@nbk, the law changed last year to allow something similar in the UK.

nbk
Grafter

with very limited scope.

i think it's with regards to price fixing/competition

sdenning
Hooked

Mine is now 0-3% packet loss and the ping spikes (to bbc.co.uk) I saw until about 2pm (going from 13-1693ms) seems to have subsided (now 13-35ms).

Will await the 6pm onwards mayhem and see if it stays stable. Various attempts to change Gateway (disconnecting PPP for 15+ mins) have been unsuccessful (although IP address has changed each time) and resulted in a speed drop but will see if that sorts itself.
Nalwoir
Dabbler

I believe you are right, which was why I was calling more for a collective bargaining to be released from cancellation charges. 🙂

davenos
Rising Star

Talk of a class action lawsuit is ridiculous, the problem and issues are frustrating but they are in no way causing a material or monetary loss to customers(if they are your using the wrong product), yes the service is less than perfect but threatening legal action is a massive over reaction, if your that upset then just move provider.

As of now im only getting packet loss at this hop "137.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk" but apart from that all is good(so far). I do remember that the hiper04 hop was the same one that caused the issues i previously had and when i was moved to a static IP and routed differently i bypassed that hop.

jamie3000

FYI, if anyone is interested I just spoke to their support for an update.

I asked when it would be resolved...

Ok Jamie there are network engineers still working on this, we were due an update on this today as it was due to a specific issue at one of BT's datacentres that went down. We're currently just being told it will be resolved asap as it's effecting customers on other ISP's also.

I asked why it wasn't on their status page...

Currently the impact is very low as very few of our customers have connected to one of the effected racks and also unfortunately our social media team who manage the service status page were not in over the weekend so we're expecting more on this today if it's not resolved