cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual intermittent dropped packets

Carmo
Hooked

Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

Same here, I have even just started using my mobile phones internet through USB tethering to my PC and that is rock solid stable! haha. Amazing how a mobile connection can be this stable put my Fibre connection is having a fit. Really hope this gets fixed asap.

Exactly the same issues here - 20% packet loss which will suddenly go back to 0% loss, then a few hours later back to 20% loss.

Also been getting the disconnects/stopped traffic every now and then.

I'm well out of my contract, so am actively looking for an alternative ISP with a view to taking business elsewhere if not fixed in next 24 hours.

dbce7d79993339cd54515a69ae4021f1-20-11-2016<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
ade_r
Dabbler

Ok - a reboot of the router has given me zero packet loss and my gateway is now City Lifeline House.

Slobcat1337
Grafter

What kind of reboot did you do? From the web portal or actually on the device?
shevek
Grafter

I have a TP-Link Archer VR900 and have just been disconnecting via the option in the router web interface, no restarts at all. I almost always get a different gateway when I do it. I am on a static IP.

pingtester
Hooked

Interesting... can others confirm this? i.e., with a static IP you can pretty much choose your gateway by restarting until you find a decent one?

ade_r
Dabbler

@Slobcat1337 I just turned the power off & on at the wall socket - gave it thirty seconds between off and on again.

That didn't work for me (dynamic IP) - still stuck with SBNK and appalling speeds.

armageus
Grafter

First time I have experienced this packet loss, but annoying as I was trying to play TF2 Sad

Have used the Gateway checker, and coming back as:

• core2-hu0-18-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.24) 4.941 ms
Weety

Very dire tonight, a MTR shows lots of packet loss in Plus.Net at

129.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk 87.2%

Even a reboot of my router does not work for me

Some ping of www.bbc.co.uk are in excess of 300ms on FTTC (80/20), the same for www.plus.net

ahoyhoy
Dabbler

This is what it's like to try and play overwatch on Plusnet right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xteyIsS2ys4 

I managed to get onto another gateway and it seemed to work perfectly, but now the problem with this gateway is apparently being disconnected every 10 minutes. OH JOY OF JOYS.

The nicest thing Plusnet could do right now is remove the contract tie for affected customers of the current packet loss and the previous one, as I don't expect this to ever fully go away until they lose a quarter of their customers which will free up some network resources. 

I'm considering just paying the early leaving fee to be rid of this junk

Maxam
Grafter

Still having problems tonight. Twitch is okay for a while and then buffering creeps its way in.

AceInThePlace

Made an account specifically just to post - getting the same problem here. Have been getting it for a while now. Every now and then I'll get 5 mins of no packet loss, then it's back to this; 39a3903383433a0bdb53861c7b5ecab7

Am glad I checked here, because I already started to purchase some replacement hardware, which I can thankfully cancel the order of.

Topov81
Hooked

I've been struggling to watch NowTV for the past few hours, also connection problems on PSN. Restarted my router and things improved slightly, but still not the speeds in used to.

Has been playing up for the past two weeks - was thinking of upgrading the router but based on this thread maybe not required. What tool/site are you guys using to produce the charts?

Sybernetix

Ill join the parade of angry customers, signed up because of the AWFUL packet loss.  Could someone at Plusnet please do their job?