orangeman
Grafter

Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

yup tonight again is [-Censored-]! packet loss everywhere Sad

ahoyhoy
Dabbler

Oh good, this again!

I had the problem from the previous issue and went to a static IP to fix it. Well now my static IP is getting packet loss and jitter too. Only 5 months left before I can switch providers

Element
Dabbler

So still no reply from somebody at plusnet about this issue despite half the topics on the first page of the fibre broadband forums being about the same issue? Getting a bit silly now

ahoyhoy
Dabbler

Nor will there be any reply of any value other than please raise a fault, or a vague 'we are aware of this' kind of message.

It took over a thousand messages on one post over a ~2month period last time before the problem eventually dissipated.

kendo79
Dabbler

Yep really bad tonight, actually it's got worse since the plusnet rep in here said they were aware of it Tongue

I've practically stopped playing online games at peak times now since it's utterly pointless. They don't really care about us, as long as the masses have their netflix working on weeknights and weekends working everything else is 3rd choice on this network it seems. It's barely any better off peak either.

ginourie
Dabbler

Mine seems a lot better today compared to yesterday still not perfect though. I have noticed that jitter is very high rather than loss packets.

shevek
Grafter

Something certainly happened over night. Fingers crossed, we shall see!

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet static

Bob1
Rising Star

@shevek wrote:

Something certainly happened over night. Fingers crossed, we shall see

There's definitely something been going on. They transferred my connection back to it's normal PoP at Colindale at 7am as well. I was re-routed through Southbank since 10 Nov. It worked well at first but the last few days were a bit rocky. Hopefully, they may have finished rationalising the bng routers now (I haven't seen a connection at Telehouse or City Lifeline for a couple of weeks now and there seems to be a bng01 and bng02 at both Colindale and Southbank).

My Broadband Ping - Bob1 (Static IP 55/10)

Still a bit of tweaking to do - but, as you say, fingers crossed!

shevek
Grafter

I was the other way! Been on Colindale for a while and now switched over to Southbank

Bob1
Rising Star

All we can hope is that there is a cunning plan. This has all been going on for rather a long time.

shevek
Grafter

Indeed, the really annoying thing is I switched from BT right in the middle of the first outages back in Aug/Sep so I'm stuck here for another 16 months or so. I really, really, really hope it is going to get sorted once and for all.

It does make you wonder though, running a £5 a month offer (that's why I switched to PN) at the same time as making major backbone changes - it's asking for disaster...

shevek
Grafter

Well, that didn't last long then Sad

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet static

davenos
Rising Star

Well packet loss is back on my connection aswell, it started in July and seemed to be cures late on in October but here we are again.

Its 12:56pm and im getting between 18 and 30% packet loss, and its making my NowTV subscription(and other online subscriptions)pretty much useless.

Plusnet you need to get this sorted and quickly i will not go through another 10 weeks of an inconsistent/useless connection during peak hours.

Bob1
Rising Star

Maybe we're confusing 'doing something' with 'solving the problem'?

davenos
Rising Star

So the bad times are back with avengeance im now getting 50%+ packet on lots of sites and my speeds are dropping and ping has doubled aswell.

Edit and another speedtest just done, i've no idea why its saying the time as 9:20am and 9:25am as these have just been done.