cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual Disconnections

Lennybear

Continual Disconnections

I’ve been with Plusnet for a few years now and currently have a fibre broadband package. I’ve had ongoing problems with disconnection for over a year- sometimes worse than others, but over the last week or so it’s become really bad. Tonight for instance the router has disconnected 7 times between 8 and 11pm. Speeds are also slow. I’ve done that basic trouble shooting and nothing’s changed- can someone at plusnet help please?
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Continual Disconnections

Thanks for your post @Lennybear apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. We can certainly see your connection is intermittent as per the below graph, but line tests are showing a cause for this. As part of the troubleshooting you've said you've done, can you confirm you've plugged your router into the test socket explained Here and tried another router?

If you don't have another router to try I'd be happy to send you a new one free of charge. Failing that, I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lennybear

Hi Gandalf,
Thanks for the reply. I’ve connected my current router to the master socket as advised and that’s made no difference. Could you please send me a replacement router so that I can eliminate a faulty router as the cause of the problem.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Lennybear,

Thank for connecting your router to the test socket. I'm sorry that this hasn't resolved the problem and for the delay in getting back in touch on here. I've sent you a new router to try and it'll be with you within 3-5 working days - please let us know if your connection continues to drop with your new router. As @Gandalf has mentioned, the replacement router is free of charge.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Lennybear

Thanks Emily- you’ve both been a big help!