cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Plusnet

filklore

Contacting Plusnet

It has been a while since I needed to contact Plusnet support, and I have to say, I am not impressed.

I've been having problems for the last 36 hours. Yesterday, my broadband kept dropping, but I was at least staying connected for up to an hour at a time. Today, I am lucky if I can stay connected for 5 minutes. I am posting this via my mobile hotspot, using another provider.

It is not the fault that actually annoys me - things go wrong. It is that Plusnet makes it so hard to actually report a fault. Email to support@plusnet is bounced back saying "email is unreliable, so we don't use it". And yet the bounce email itself confirms my email was received.

Online chat is not functioning, and from what I have read, it hasn't for a while.

Telephone support has told me a few times that wait times are in excess to 60 minutes; but even if I am prepared to wait that long, I am cut off in 5-10 minutes. (And this is my non-Plusnet mobile I am calling from, so unrelated to the problem).

My current situation: WiFi to router is absolutely solid, from phone, laptop, multiple Echo devices, and Fire TV stick. No problem there. No changes to router config or any wiring for the last year. When broadband is working, it is working well enough to stream. But then it goes down again. Router logs show repeated disconnections is down to No Carrier.

If I had to guess, I would connect this with the incessant rain we have had, and deduce water in the cabinet. But with all the options exhausted, how am I supposed to report a fault?

3 REPLIES 3
filklore

Re: Contacting Plusnet

So... reading other similar reports, I came across the URL for fault reporting mentioned in a reply: https://faults.plus.net 

Seriously, why isn't this URL mentioned in the troubleshooting part of the plusnet website? If it had been, I wouldn't have wasted several hours, today and yesterday, trying to find a way to alert plusnet to my issue.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Having a look at the connection troubleshooting guide there’s a link to raising a fault at the bottom once you’ve gone through the checks: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/#check-problem-resolved

I believe the link to raise a fault is also in an account online by going to the Broadband tab then Broadband Troubleshooter. 

filklore

I did look, but I didn't see anything.

Perhaps because I didn't go through the troubleshooter itself, because I would have done all of that before I had even considered contacting Plusnet.

I realise that Plusnet has customers of mixed abilities, and some need to be taken through things step by step. But there should be a quick and simple way to bypass that for people who already know what they are doing, and can tell from a router log that the problem is nothing to do with the local network or its connection to the router.