cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly slow broadband

twocharacters

Constantly slow broadband

Hello,

Have tried contacting the support team more than once now, but giving it a go here hoping it might get fixed this way.

As title suggests, our download speed is nowhere near to what it should be about 99% of the time.

I think the attached will explain it better than I will.

Router, PC, etc. have all been rebooted multiple times. Have tried Ethernet connections, no wi-fi repeaters.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Sch4bik

Re: Constantly slow broadband

I have exactly the same problem, tried switch off and on router but the same slow speed. I know Open reach was doing some work on main road mayby they did somethning to connection ?

Sch4bik

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Edit- sorry misread the post.... have you tried connecting the modem router directly to the BT test socket to carry out speed tests?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

twocharacters

This is with it plugged in to the test socket.

Just to eliminate more questions - master socket with face-plate removed. Single filter. Has been the same setup for years.

orby
Rising Star

Can you do a 'quiet line' test 17070 and listen to the line to see if it's noisy?

https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Performing-a-Quiet-Line-Test

Do you have a spare modem router to try? - unless under contract, Plusnet would only issue a replacement if you sign up to a new contract it seems. What type of modem router is it?

Sch4bik

Yesterdays was on wifi todays wired and only slightly better, see file, i am connected to master socket, other issue is when i try to download movie or games internet freeze on other devices.

orby
Rising Star

Sch4bik you might want to create your own post so responses don't get mixed up with the original poster.