Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly need to reload web pages?

coatseh
Grafter

Constantly need to reload web pages?

Hi, 

I have a bit of an odd issue. 

I have okay speeds generally (always upwards of 40 and normally 60+). However, I frequently have issues with web pages/images not loading properly- the only way to resolve such issues is to reload/close and try again. This happens across a wide variety of devices (all connected via Wi-Fi). It also happens whether it be an app (Facebook, for instance) or a standard internet browser (Chrome etc).

I don't really understand why this occurs? Any advice/thoughts? Happy to provide further information. Can only think it's my internet which causes it given that it seems to affect all devices.

Thanks Smiley 

60 REPLIES 60
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Constantly need to reload web pages?

Hi @coatseh,

Sorry to hear you're having a intermittent connection issue. Having checked the connection from this side every is looking spot on to the router with no drops in the last 14 days shown on the graphs below.

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 77.5 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Not Run - Unable to run
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 259.3
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-08-21T10:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 77.4 Mbps 77.4 Mbps 77.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-09-03T09:18:36.077+01:00 2018-09-03T09:33:36.077+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 4
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

image15359645867978~

There are slight errors showing however they look to be very few and far between and wouldn't explain the description of the issue you are having.

This first thing I'd suggest then would be to try a wired connection and see if the same delay loading pages/images occurs as this very well could be wireless interference given your description of connection methods. If you could say try a wired device and let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@BD

you might want to explain to @coatseh what this from the report means and what they can do to look for a fix?

Bridge Tap Detected
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@coatseh, as @SpendLessTime has requested a bridge tap is generally a length of unterminated cabling, either left dangling somewhere, or unused cabling that is not disconnected from the sockets in your premises from a previous line configuration (for example wiring left from a multi line setup), where you have multiple pairs coming into your property that are connected (or bridged) together and then terminated to your socket. 

The problem could simply just be crimped or twisted wires or something explained above. Ideally we you need to check that nothing internally is causing a false result. The best way to test this is to plug the router directly into the test socket with nothing else connected to any other sockets. We can then retest the service. If it still shows then the only option is to send an engineer. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

Bridge taps cause high errors on a line which in turn can cause speed issues, and could cause the problem you've explained, either way it needs looking into as it will likely cause issues in the future. 

coatseh
Grafter

Thank you all for your comments.

I will test my router via the test socket ASAP. Do I need to inform you about this so that you can rerun your tests?

Does it need to be plugged into the test socket for some time?

Once you’ve let me know and I get the opportunity after work in the week I will set to it.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @coatseh 

If you could let us know when you are connected to your test socket that would be very helpful. 

We will then retest your service. 

Thanks,

MoR

coatseh
Grafter

Sorry for the delay. Crazy week.

I’ll set the router up this Wednesday before work and then you can test through the day?

I presume you still have connection in the test socket?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @coatseh

Yes, you'd still have connection - just give us a nudge on Wednesday to confirm its set up and we'll go from there.

Best wishes,

Dave

coatseh
Grafter

Thank you.

This will be able to be tested from 8am on Wednesday, so feel free to run throughout the working day.

Cheers Smiley
coatseh
Grafter

I should add, still having a lot of issues. I’ll pop it in the test socket and see what my partner says about performance during the day.
coatseh
Grafter

Ok this is set up.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks coatseh. 

I've just run the same test and it's coming back saying bridge tap: not detected. 

With that in mind are there any extensions that run from the master socket usually? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
coatseh
Grafter

The only thing running from the master socket is broadband and phone, which is seperated by an ADSL Filter.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @coatseh

Thank you for connecting to the test socket.

As the bridge tap is no longer detected, are you still experiencing the issue? If so I cannot see confirmation that you have tested a device connected to the router by Ethernet cable, this would be the next step in identifying the route cause of the issue and we can then provide the correct solution.

Thank you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
coatseh
Grafter

I will try the Ethernet over the weekend. Is it worth perhaps changing my WiFi channel?