cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant reconnection issues on Whatsapp calls

Gee4x

Constant reconnection issues on Whatsapp calls

I am on the Unlimited Fibre Extra contract and I have had an on-going problem with making Whatsapp calls. When I am on a Whatsapp call, on my phone, at very frequent intervals I am interrupted with a beeping tone and the message "Reconnecting" appears on the Whatsapp screen. This is proving rather disruptive. I am convinced that it is a problem with my Plusnet broadband because when I disconnect the wifi feature on my phone, I am able to have a long uninterrupted call on the mobile network.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Constant reconnection issues on Whatsapp calls

Hi there, have you been able to test on another wireless network to see if you have the same problem?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gee4x

Over the last 3 months I have connected to different wireless networks in the UK and abroad. I didn't experience the same level of interruption through "reconnecting".

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm honestly not sure what could be causing this. Is WhatsApp fully updated on your phone? Does your phone connect on the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz band (it may be worth splitting them as per https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
edovarisco

Dear Carl, 

I have just moved to a new house and I kept my Plusnet account, upgrading from normal broadband to fibre. Despite the connection should be better, I am experiencing the same issue of the client above: What's app and Skype calls keep 'reconnecting'. This is quite frustrating and a problem I need to solve, as I work from home and I use Skype regularly for professional reasons and What's app to communicate with my parents and relatives abroad. 

I hope you can solve the issue soon. 

Best regards, 

Andrea

huchhabra

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. This never happened till I was using my old router from talk talk.

In my the case the only change is that I changed the router to plusnet hub one and started experiencing this issue.  If I replace it with another router, I am sure the problem will go away. The only reason for using plusnetr router is that it gave me better control to restrict access for my kids between specific time intervals.

Any support to resolve this will be appreciated.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Have you tried splitting the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band wireless signals? There is a link showing how to in message 4 above.