cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant micro-drops?

irenedmdb

Constant micro-drops?

Hi!

Since I joined 3-4 months ago I seem to have a recurring problem with the connection dropping constantly for a few seconds. This seems to be more prominent during working hours (8-7ish) and get better at night. Briefly, loading a website is a constant refreshing battle in either of my laptops or on my phone, with browsers either telling me there is no internet or loading the page straight away. The router continues to have a blue light throughout.

Interestingly, this is /not/ an issue with more broadband-heavy issues like streaming. My smart tv will load and stream netflix without a hitch in good quality. Getting into zoom calls is a nightmare as the original link won't load in the browser, but once I'm in I can receive and send video and audio with no issues. I can whatsapp call as well, crisp and clear. The problem is so bizarre I can only assume that the internet drops constantly but for seconds at a time, so it allows enough buffering for these services to run smoothly. I've been using my mobile data as a hotspot for when I'm at my wits end, but surely there must be a fixable issue?

Thanks a ton

Irene 

1 REPLY 1
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Constant micro-drops?

Hi @irenedmdb, welcome to the forums! I've tested the line for you and cannot see any drops, micro or otherwise on the line ( hourly graph included below). It is odd that you're having difficulty with general web browsing but have no issues streaming. I've sent some further information out via email with regards to some wireless changes which I'd like you to try. As a further diagnostic,it might be worth checking if your laptops or smart TV encounter similar issues when connected directly via ethernet?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team