cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant drops (FTTC)

teddman
Grafter

Constant drops (FTTC)

Been with plus net for years, specifically 3 years in my current property so not a new connection.

Have obviously had the VERY occasional drop out over the years but the last week its been constant. It is dropping at least 2/3 times a day. Iv contacted PN, tested the line, no fault found.

Drops continued to happen. Contacted PN again, tested the line, no fault found.They told me to change the filter and plug into the test socket which i did,

Drops continued again. Contacted PN again and still no fault found but now escalated to faults team.

They left it for the weekend and then rang me back this morning and told me that everything was fine and problem was solved.

This afternoon yet again drops out again, so just got off the phone and matey says theres a significant packet loss when the broadband gets to me and he hasnt seen this before,,

I need to add that the internet to the entire estate is dropping as everyone iv talked to around here is also experiencing drops and this is with multiple providers.

Sounds like an openreach problem to me but one of my neighbours had openreach out friday and he said to me that he couldnt see a fault.

What the hell is going on, anyone shed any light?

4 REPLIES 4
FAlexandre

Re: Constant drops (FTTC)

Hi Teddman,

Just to let you know you are not alone on this.

I have been in a fault "battle" with PNet since 23rd of May. Where they constantly say that the line/service is okay and despite showing images of packet drops being displayed by PingLotter (nice software btw) wouldn't take it.

After calling them for the 5th time to sort this out, I finally have an engineer visit.

I have checked with fellow neighbours (we play together online) and none of them are having the issue with another supplier and are connected to the same distribution box.

From what I have experienced so far, this seems to be a PN issue.

teddman
Grafter

Hello FAlexandre,
Sounds very similar to my situation. Hopefully someone can sort it out soon. I just want to know what's going on. Very frustrating when all your getting in return is that 'everything looks fine'.
I just want an engineer to come out 😂
Will see what happens
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @teddman, I'm sorry for the issues you're having.

If this is still ongoing, we'll need to arrange an engineer visit for further investigation. I have updated your fault ticket here, please reply with the requested info via the ticket so this can be progressed for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
FAlexandre

Not sure if the engineer has already passed by at your place.

Mine already has done so and 4 days have passed, so I'm curious if you will experience the same situation.

The engineer was unable to find a fault, which is as expected Packet Losses are a pain to troubleshoot as you can't really force them to happen. I did, however, show all the screenshots I saved of these packet losses and showed them to the engineer and he did some precaution changes (swapping which socket we are connected to etc etc etc), it was perfect for 4 days (funny enough as these 4 days after changing sockets can sometimes be rocky) and now it's back to the same old.

Waiting for PN to come back with their next steps, been over 2 weeks now since fault with no result.