cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant dropouts

Mattstr675

Constant dropouts

Have been suffering constant Internet dropouts for the past few weeks. Its happened 3 times on the past hour. Router will flash pink, will last a few minutes and all will be well. Can someone on here look at this for me.
13 REPLIES 13
tstaddon
Rising Star

Re: Constant dropouts

I'm having the same issue. Since late last week the router has been disconnecting. It just happened again this morning, at 11:35am. Disconnected, came back on, disconnected again, and now back up.

I had no internet at all for half a day on one occasion - raised a fault, tried BT router and PN router, neither would connect, but eventually it all came back up.

PN REALLY need to make it simpler to find your support tickets. Going to faults.plus.net to raise one is easy, but trying to find a ticket that's already open (or has been closed and needs to be reopened) is a ball-ache of the first degree.

Mattstr675

Completely new to the community so no idea how these fault tickets work. A bit of research on here leads me to beleive it could be a line issue as there is a lot of noise on the phone line. But plusnet will have to raise this i think.

It's getting to the stage now where I'm tempted to pay off my remaining contract and go to a decent company!
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Mattstr675 I would first advise having a run through our troubleshooting steps here:  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and getting your router connected into the test socket for the time being as shown here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the issues then persist, please log a fault here with us: https://faults.plus.net as I can see you don't currently have one on your account and someone from our Faults Team will investigate further. 

Hello @tstaddon I have tested your line and updated the fault for you. Please can you leave your services in the test socket for 48 hours like this: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 and if it continues then reply to the fault on your account with some appointment dates please Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Mattstr675

I've done everything advised in the first part of your post. I am now plugged in to the test socket.

I've done a 17070 quiet line test and there is a lot of noise on the line.

Ill leave it plugged in to the test socket for a bit and see how the broadband gets on. I'm not hopeful though!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If there is noise on the line then report a phone fault.

You won;t get the best BB speeds if you have a noisy line. Get it reported, why wait?

Mattstr675

Mustrum, because I'm guessing plusnet will try everything to get me to pay for a engineer call-out if required.

Currently plugged in to test socket and no Internet at all. b is flashing on the router.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Mattstr675  If you are connected to the test socket it is almost certain that you have an external line fault which will be repaired and there will be no charge. Why do you think Plusnet would try to make you pay. I have had a few engineer visits in the past for quite intermittent and obscure faults and I have never been charged.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Mattstr675  stop guessing, just get it reported - it wont fix itself, you wont get charged if you are getting the issues when plugged into the test socket.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Mattstr675

You'd be best getting the phone fault looked into first, as it is most likely impacting your broadband. I have ran a noisy test on your line today and it is coming back with no fault found, if you have your phone alone in the test socket without the filter - does it still come up noisy? If so, then you require an engineer so you'd need to raise a fault for us to support you further with this. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Mattstr675

Just to update this, I've raised a fault now. The issue has been worse the last few days with the broadband dropping out over 7-8 times per day.

On a side note, I'm in contract until May 2021. What would it cost me to end this contract and move elsewhere?
tstaddon
Rising Star

Not sure if this if of any help but I had the issue with both a BT Home Hub and a Plusnet hub but since replacing both with a Fritz!Box I've had no recurrence. And we've actually got more kit connected up now than we had with either router.

That improvement came after we'd eliminated faulty filters, cable, changed the master socket and BT fixed a line fault.

Could be just coincidence though.

Mattstr675

A dodgy router is one possibility.

To be honest I'll probably go elsewhere if it doesn't cost too much to end my contract early, or I'll stick it out until the end then leave.
Mattstr675

This is getting ridiculous now. Constantly dropping out 10 times+per day. I've tried ringing, always massive queue or i just get cut off, tried messenger-no reply. I believe I have raised a fault ticket? Can someone on here confirm or deny that?

To be honest, I've had enough of plusnet!