Did you mean: 

Constant dropouts, lost 25Mb/s.

FIXED
ado1
Dabbler

Re: Constant dropouts, lost 25Mb/s.

Hi,

Did you actually read my post? I'll quote the relevant part:

"the phone line doesn't work at all now. I just get a very crackly beep beep engaged tone and after a while "Please try again later" instead of a dial tone. Incoming sounds normal on the callers behalf but the phone doesn't ring."

Does that sound like the phone line is fixed to you? There are broadband issues because there is still a problem with the line, the loop issue before may have gone but it's worse now. If you send a broadband engineer they are just going to take one listen to the line and say there's a line issue. I can record it if you don't believe me. I'm trying to save you from a wasted engineer visit here. To reiterate THE PHONE DOESN'T WORK AT ALL NOW.

Thanks.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi @ado1

My apologies for the confusion - I appreciate you offering that clarification.

I've now raised a new fault ticket for you here. If you could please respond with your availability, I'll get that booked in for you.

Best wishes

Dave

ado1
Dabbler

Response sent.

Thanks.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thanks @ado1, I've checked the ticket and can see that @RandallFlagg has booked this in for you and confirmed the details here. He will follow up with you after the visit but please let us know if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ado1
Dabbler

The fibre is working great now (Connected: 23d 14h 55m 44s), thanks all. I'm just wondering what happened to the compensation promised in the support ticket?

jezwelshmon
Hooked

Phone them up, I was without service for a week and they told me to ring back once the service was back which I did. They credited my next bill.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ado1,

I'm glad to hear that this fault is now resolved and I'm sorry for the length of time that it was ongoing for. I've had a look into compensation for this now. My response contains account specific information so I've added it as a ticket on your account that can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveFH

Hi
I can only tell you what worked for me

I have been having broadband dropouts for last 5 years with Plusnet and EE before them, open reach came out 3 times and did not find anything, I replaced all cabling, swapped master socket faceplate, reset router, plugged into test socket, changed router channels, moved position of router all several times. The longest I have ever gone without a dropout is 3 days but normally it would drop on average 3 times a day at random times.

I then changed my plusnet one hub to BT Smart Hub which I purchased brand new on ebay for around £30, entered my plusnet username and password and boom, stable connection, it has now not dropped in 10 days and so issue resolved.

Worth a try and if it does not work then at least you would have a better router which you could keep.

Dave