Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant broadband drops (Glasgow area)

FIXED
mullotop
Fixes: 1

Constant broadband drops (Glasgow area)

Hi there,

Over the past 3 days our fiber has been dropping out like crazy. I'm just wondering if there is anything wrong with my exchange or my area. 

I've attached an image of the WAN records from the hub anyway, for reference of the up-time.

As you'll be able to see, its unusable. I was getting drops around 12 every night for a month or so but then 3 days ago its just gone into rapid fire disconnections, its down more than its up. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Constant broadband drops (Glasgow area)

Hi @mullotop

Thanks for highlighting this - could you pop your username across to me via a PM and I'll take a look?

Best wishes

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the PM @mullotop

Testing has flagged an issue that's either inside or nearby to your premises - could you get your router into the test socket as shown here and if that doesn't help, raise a fault here so that our suppliers can investigate?

Best wishes

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies @mullotop - I can see that you already have a fault raised here.

Please let us know how you get on in the test socket.

Thanks

Dave

mullotop

Hey Dave,

Sadly we're still experiencing random drops on our connection. I used the test socket but up-times are anywhere between 1 minuet and 10 minutes. I've tested all devices and its still the same. The connection drops with nothing connected, including phone.

I've clicked the fault link because I suspect maybe there's an external issue with our line.

Something to note as well when there is a connection for a few minutes at a time our speed has halfed for downloads and uploads, although the ping latency seems to be better.

Hopefully the faults team can sort this out soon.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mullotop,

Thank you for trying your router in the test socket, I'm sorry to hear that your connection is still dropping frequently.

We'll need to raise an engineer visit so that this may be investigated further. Please can you reply to the ticket here with your availability for an engineer? If you send us another message on here once you've done this, we'll pick this back up and get your engineer booked for the earliest available suitable appointment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mullotop

Hey Emily.

I've done what you've asked.

Thanks for your reply.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you for confirming your availability @mullotop. I've booked your appointment in now and have added the details to the ticket here.

Our faults team will contact you once we've received an update from our suppliers after the visit. Please get back in touch on here if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime or if you need to rearrange the appointment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mullotop

Fix

Hey

Just an update. The Openreach engineer visited yesterday and did a great job.

My line is fully stable again and as fast as it used to be, The issue ended up being external. A near-by tree had stripped a bit of our lines plastic away exposing the copper, so every-time a gust of wind brushed the line against a branch the connection would drop. 

He replaced the line and its up to the council to cut back the offending branch now. I won't hold my breath though hah.

Thanks for all the help to the mods and the engineers. 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for letting us know, @mullotop

Fingers crossed for you council wise. 

If we can ever be of more help then please don't hesitate to shout up. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR